“Excellent Staff, Great Location, Great Price”

Raleigh Marriott Crabtree Valley
Ranked #13 of 87 Hotels in Raleigh
Reviewed July 25, 2013

My husband and I booked the couples package for a fourth of July getaway and it was absolutely wonderful. The staff gave personalized service, everything that was promised in the package ( Champagne, Chocolate-covered strawberries) was sent to the room quickly. The beds were like clouds! I will be returning to this hotel even though I live in a different state.

Room Tip: Book a Package Deal
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KeylovesG

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Agreed that the hotel needs a little facelift compared to more recent Marriott renovations I've seen during my travels, but overall, my stay was pleasant and the staff were great!

At check-in, they recognized that I was a Marriott member (only Silver, mind you), but I was placed in a nice room, and my preferences were all in the room - extra feather pillows, extra towels and a fridge. I even had a robe in the closet, and I was not on the concierge level. Wifi signal was strong in the room and fee included in the hotel stay.

The room had the standard set-up, the bathroom was clean (no mold as one reviewer noted) and the bed was very comfortable. Newspaper delivered under the door in the morning.

Staff in the restaurant/bar were very nice and accomodating. And as far as the food in the lobby Grill, as far as hotel food goes, it was quite good. The salmon was seared and seasoned perfectly. We had a group corporate dinner of about 15 and the server made sure we were always supplied with drinks and food. Breakfast service was quick and efficient... I could grab a quick bite, get coffee and pay in 10 minutes!

Overall, the stay was pleasant, the room was quiet and comfy, and the staff were very nice and attentive. I will definitely return here on my trips back to RDU.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Freqtravelgal
Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed in many Marriott hotels, this one was a poor example. No ice machine on third floor, not informed on arrival of this, ask for allergen free and 2 out of 4 pillows were feather, other 2 lumpy and hard, mold on shower wall, air conditioner ran all night and strobe light flashing from smoke alarm and I know that mattress was not the same as the usual Marriott mattress.
The only good the thing was the location.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Pdhorton
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

I used to stay here 6-7 years ago and then started staying other marriott properties. 6-7 years ago this was the best Marriott had in Raleigh but that is far from the case now. This place needs a big time makeover. This property is what was considered mid level to high lel classy ten years ago. Aside from the wifi and the little food take out area at the front desk his place looks exactly how it did years ago. Gym area is nice people are friendly and a highlight is the gentleman running the concierge lounge.
Needs a complete facelift, botox wont help lift this place.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Celling
Reviewed July 14, 2013

This is one of the more dated Marriott's I've stayed at in a long time. I got in at 11:15pm and nothing was open for food. I had hours of delays at the airport then longer than normal flight time due to weather and all I wanted was something simple to eat but both room service and the bar close food service at 11:00pm. Then I had trouble getting into the Concierge Lounge with my card so I had to go back downstairs to have another one made.

The room was old and the A/C didn't work that great - it cooled them room off but didn't really get rid of the humidity so it was sticky in my room most of the night. There was also a mini fridge in the room that looked like it had been through the war - scratches and dents all over the place. I had just been at the Atlanta Marriott Marquis the night before and it was 10x better. I think my next trip to the area I might try a different Marriott.

Room Tip: The concierge is on the 6th floor - if you're an Elite member you should request that floor. The...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Trouble from the start. Extremely slow service even though the hotel was almost empty. Lady at desk didn't know how to set up our key cards which should be simple. Had to waste time coming back and forth to reset our key cards. They also double charged us on the last day and made a lame excuse why and had to waste our time yet again on the double charges.
The rooms were very dated and extremely dirty including the carpet and all furniture. Lamps didn't work and drawers didn't open. The bathroom was very small and hard to be in.
This place stinks!!!

Room Tip: Can not recommend this hotel!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 2, 2013

The hotel is overall okay, but it just, somehow, feels old. The staff is okay, the room is okay, even the bar and the elevator are okay - but nothing of these made me want to get back to the same place. The whole place looks like it requires a serious renovation.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business