“Great Customer Service/Convenient Location!”

Raleigh Marriott Crabtree Valley
Ranked #11 of 87 Hotels in Raleigh
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Hotel location is good. The hotel is within walking distance of the closest mall...directly across the street.
I attended a conference which was held within the hotel...loved the convenience.
The customer service was great as the staff was friendly and attentive, very quick to respond to all requests. The staff's behavior was consistent on all shifts so kudos to management for training and the staff for excellent follow-through.
The rooms are okay...had to request that room be freshened up and someone responded within minutes. The hallways smell great so it might be a good idea to use the same products in the room.

Crabtree Grill located in the hotel is very good...according to my Mom who was traveling with me. I can't personally vouch for the Grill as my meals were provided as part of the conference but also think they did a really good job feeding 250 plus people for meals.

Room Tip: The hallways are very long so anyone with health considerations should consider requesting a room cl...
1  Thank Kay T

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I just spent a couple of nights at this hotel with my sister in Raleigh and it was a great experience. The hotel itself is on Marriot Dr. so I there is no other hotel next door.
Staff was kind, professional, and helpful. Hotel decor was attractive and modern. The room was attractive, clean, quiet. The beds were a bit too soft. The only thing that would have been nice to have is a small refrigerator and microwave. This might be available in a different room but it wasn't in this one.
We used the jacuzzi and the pool and they were in really good, clean condition.
We ate the breakfast buffet at the hotel and it was also very good.
One of the best parts about this hotel is the location. It is across from the Crabtree Mall and only minutes from North Forks area where there is another large complex. Also close to any other shopping experience you want. We purchased our nights through Expedia and the price was extremely reasonable.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank ROBERT W
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I hate paying for wifi, but we were comped the wifi since they didn't have the king room we requested--so keep that in mind. The room was clean and relatively spacious. The beds are very soft, which is good if that's your preference. My wife really enjoyed the fitness center and pool. The location is right across the street from a huge mall and gives you a straight shot to downtown Raleigh, too.

The best part was the extremely helpful, courteous, and friendly service. It made a big difference. I left a package at the front desk and when FedEx didn't pick it up for some reason, the front desk had it delivered to a dropoff site. Also, I was there for business for three nights and when we wanted to stay another two nights, they charged us the weekend rate.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

The service and food at the hotel are both quite good, but the room could have used a full Febreeze treatment. With no free wifi in the room and no includes breakfast, the final price for the hotel as a business option did not match. I would hold meetings here, but not stay overnight given a choice. Also, the toiletries smell like the household cleaners you wish the room smelled like.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Visited (again) in Feb of 2013 - all the accolades of my last review still stand. The basic things like bed and chair are more then useful if not impressive, but the bathroom was clean and functional and the staff super friendly. Breakfast buffet...a MUST visit, even if staying elsewhere. At $15 it is not cheap, but SO worth it. We had one snafu, the pool was closed do an "child's incident" (I don't want to know any more!) but the front desk clerk offered us a movie on them to make up for any inconvenience. The WIFI worked great. Love that there is lots of free parking and being so close to the mall.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I had to go to Raleigh for work and had wanted to stay at the Embassy Suites but they were sold out so I made a reservation at the Marriott and was just blown away by their amazing service. Every single interaction I had with the hotel staff was top notch and made me feel like a VIP at every encounter. It was truly amazing! First, they have a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel. Huge savings!!! The gentleman that picked me up was so friendly and warm spirited. He made me feel very comfortable. When I checked in the lady at the desk was very friendly and attentive as well. Later that evening as I unpacked, I realized I forgot my toothbrush. I called down to ask if they had one and it was brought right up to me and the girl that delivered it was very nice as well. The next morning, I had a "Thank you" note under my door handwritten by "Stephanie" (the girl that delivered the toothbrush) that thanked me for staying at the hotel and asked me to let her know if she could get me anything else. (At this point I started keeping track of names because I was already blown away by the service. I wish I had written down the names of the others). When I went into the dining room for breakfast, I was greeted by smiles and was shown right to my table. The food was delicious and my server Michelle was super sweet, friendly and attentive as well. The next day when I went in for breakfast, she remembered me and showed me right to my table again where I had a wonderful breakfast. I don't write many reviews but felt the need to say something about my fantastic stay at the Marriott. They truly made me feel like a valued guest and I will definitely stay there again when back in Raleigh.

2  Thank Carole D
Reviewed February 1, 2013

A pretty decent hotel, clean and spacey rooms. Bar is lively, that's a big plus! Across the street is the Crabtree Valley Mall (not even a five minute walk), a very good place to shop when you're in Raleigh.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business