“BATES HOTEL!!!!! HORRIBLE STAY”
Review of Wake Inn

Wake Inn
Wake Inn
Ranked #74 of 87 Hotels in Raleigh
Reviewed November 11, 2013

My girlfriend and I arrived November 10th on a desperation move just for the night... The price was attractive but our room was a nightmare.. Horrible smell upon entry, old dirty broken furniture, electrical wires exposed, bedding was old and worn... had to use my own sheets and pillows was too afraid to sleep on theirs. Had to clean our bathroom before I would even step foot in there!!! GROSS! Carpet had cigarette burns all over, not vacuumed. How are they not shut down???!! Bathroom door had holes everywhere, some patched, some not! INSANE! I would rather sleep in my car and save my money. NEVER AGAIN

• Stayed: November 2013
4  Thank Drea38

Reviewed June 26, 2013

I've stayed here because of our need to be near the hospital. The first visit, was doable. But because of having to come back and knew it was nearby.. Came back again .... The receptionist, seemed bothered that she had to get up and do paper work, for us to get a room..then wanted to up the rate that was advertised......could not believe this room.. Mold in the bathroom, unfinished ceiling, and wall paper holes in the walls. Just to tired to go back and deal with receptionist. I just need a shower and a place to catch a few hours of much needed rest..

Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank cruizerz
Reviewed May 17, 2013

My wife and I stayed this past week at this hotel. Apparently management had changed in the last few months however we found this to be exactly what we wanted and needed. It is located by frequent buses so the remote area was actually a benefit. Near to shopping areas and a small grocery/restaurant strip mall for foods if you want to eat in. Room was cleaned every day including bedding. They missed on paper refills but anything I needed was only a call away. The staff made every effort to help us enjoy our visit.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Blanca Iris O
Reviewed March 12, 2013

The first time I stayed at this hotel, I stayed in a room upstairs. I was very impressed by the size and condition of that room! It was definitely a good room for the price. The only things I did not like about the first room was the shower was hard to figure out, it was a smoking room and there was a stain on one of the wash clothes. Everything else was clean and in good condition.

The second time I stayed at this hotel, I they gave me a room on the bottom. It was like I was at a completely different hotel! I was disgusted by the smell, but mainly by the look! It was a smaller room. EVERYTHING look warn down. There was hair in the sink, a half used shampoo bottle on the sink, stained and broken chairs. Even the lamp shade had stains. The most creepiest thing about the second room was the two doors leading to other rooms. One person next door opened there's and attempted to open my door! Wow! The second experience makes me just want to sleep in my car! It is cold outside and the heat does not work. It's been over an hour since I called the desk about it. Unbelievable.

Room Tip: Please, please people, BEFORE you accept a room, as long as you have time ask to see it first!!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Torya B
Reviewed November 14, 2009

This was the worst hotel ive ever been too i would never pay this hotel another penny of my money. i complained to corp and do u think they reached out to get in contact with me, "NO" noone called text sent anything in the mail or even bothered to send a smoke signal when i complained. It was as though they didnt care about anything i had to say and i stayed for 3 days which i paid for and when i went to talk to the manager he acted as though i speaking a different language. the room was horrible it had a smell to it there was water that was leaking which my friends entire left side was wet once she got off of one of the beds the bathroom was dirty and when asked to be cleaned noone ever came to do so, the carpet WOW we not even going to begin to talk about the carpet be that was just a mess, the remote wasnt working, the towels were dirty and thats just half of it i could go on and on but i dont have enough room

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with friends
2  Thank TweetyB31
Reviewed August 4, 2007

i arrived at howard johnson on august 4th. check in was at 2 we got to the hotel about 315. was given our room keys and had enough time to get into the room and sit down before a man who works for howard johnson bangs the door down almost to bring us towels(shouldnt the room had already been ready for a guest?) the lock on the door was almost rusted off, the carpet was sticky nasty, the curtain fell down when we tried to open it, the bathroom counter top was held up with 2x4's on either side of it, the tv remote had a piece of cardboard taped across the back to hold batteries inplace, the bathroom floor was gross, there were no fitted sheets on the bed whatsoever, i seriously doubt the smoke detector worked, water stains all over the ceiling, holes behind the lamps and doors, walls had about 4 different colors of paint on them, took me about 10 minutes to get the shower turned on (very outdated), the towels and washcloths were stained horribly, horrible lighting. my overall experience was that i was ready to sleep in the car and i wore my flipflops to bed in case i had to get up in the middle of the night.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank bubba5936
Reviewed August 4, 2007

This place was the hotel of nightmares. The only thing missing was the bugs...thankfully i never saw any signs of those. We arrived and had no trouble at check in. I am always afraid i will wind up spending my vacation in a dump so i always do my best to check out photos and call around. When we arrived in the room, to say the least we were stunned. The wallpaper was peeling, There were holes in the walls (some attampt had been made to patch a few, others were left). The furniture was crooked and battered. The headboards were lop-sided. The sink was braced to the wall, literally, with 2X4's on each side that had been cut to fit and then just mounted underneath. The shower had broken tiles and the knob were u adjust the water temp was literally torn away from the wall. I went to open the curtains and they literally came down on my head, I had to stand in the chair and replaced them (great photo! haha). The ceiling was stained and the back of the remote was held together with cardboard and tape. All-in-all this place looked great online. Its the kind of thing that should not happen with major hotel chains. You would expect them to uphold certain standards; I would strongly recommend you NEVER stay here and I am leary of staying at other howard johnson locations if this is what the standards look like. all I can say is run as fast as you can to the nearest holiday inn or you may spend your night like we did : contemplating sleeping in your car.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank zanl11