“Great Location, Fantastic views”

Holiday Inn Raleigh Downtown
Ranked #39 of 86 Hotels in Raleigh
Reviewed May 29, 2014

we got a room on the 18th floor of this 20 floor Hotel. and the Top floor is the Restaurant. you can see for miles from the room or the restaurant. good breakfast buffet up there as well.
rooms are regular rooms. parking is on the first-third floors.
only down side is there are only 2 elevators. so around checkout time, its hard to get one that is empty, and they are slow.
plenty of Cafe's, bars around and close to downtown for any sightseeing or business needs.

Room Tip: ask for a room on a higher floor, but note you will have to wait for elevator more, but views are go...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Orlando F, Hotel Manager at Holiday Inn Raleigh Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

I am glad you enjoyed your view from our scenic hotel! All of our rooms feature beautiful views of Raleigh. Our great location is ideal for business and leisure travelers.

Hope to see you soon!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Raleigh Downtown

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Holiday Inn has purchased the Crown Hotel on Hillsborough and is refurbishing the top floor. We had a good stay except for a noisy air conditioner. Bed was comfy. Bathroom was clean. Parking was adequate. Grounds are still a bit grim.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the south side in summer.
1  Thank aphrab
Orlando F, Hotel Manager at Holiday Inn Raleigh Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your response. We recently converted to Holiday Inn and wrapped up a full renovation, from top to bottom! Please feel free to reach me concerning the noisy HVAC unit in your room. I look forward to hearing from you.

D-919.582.1833

Reviewed May 13, 2014

I enjoyed my stay in the Holiday Inn. The staff is very friendly, the rooms are clean with comfortable beds. The hotel is close to downtown. And it has a good offer for breakfast. I would recommend it.

Dear Valued Guest,

I am glad to read you enjoyed your stay at the Holiday Inn Raleigh Downtown! Thank you for your recommendation.

Safe Travels,

Reviewed May 7, 2014

Frankly, I was not expecting much after reading some of the reviews. Here is what I experienced on our week long stay for a conference. This is an old hotel that has been updated. Being a round building does lead to some unusual layouts for the rooms...we had a handicap accessible room and it was very small but comfortable. The beds are better than most I have experienced and they have great pillows and soft sheets. Our room was spotless and kept that way for the time we were there. We had a small issue with the TV volume control and they sent up maintenance within ten minutes and had it fixed. One thing I was bummed about was no mini-fridge...but to my delight I was able to get one in the room for only $10 a day extra. For me that was worth it. A/C and water pressure/temp were fine the whole week. Staff was always pleasant and helpful when we needed anything. I had room service breakfast one morning and it was very good. A lot of food for the money...not often the case with room service. Very quick service too. Other positives were the free parking and you will not find a better location near downtown. The views are great from every room since it is a round hotel. I would say that they have done well with what they had to work with. The biggest flaw I found was a common one...no ventilation in the bathrooms. With a small room to begin with...well need I say more. This seems to be a problem even at some newer hotels. What are they thinking? Please put in vents/fans! This is probably a very expensive issue to fix in an old hotel...so just be aware of it. So, that is my two cents. My husband throws in his comment about it being a nice place for a conference. He says the food provided was very good and the rooms were comfortable. They have a nice bar at the restaurant on the top floor too. Fitness room was in good order as well.

Room Tip: Be aware there is no pool available at this time...did not look like it was being worked on either...
1  Thank ctbagley

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your candid review of our property. It seems like you had a wonderful week long experience! Thanks for highlighting the positives of your stay and informing us of the areas of opportunity. I will be sure to share your comments with the rest of the team members. Thanks for staying with us!

Reviewed May 5, 2014

I was a bit wary based on what I'd read earlier but gave it a go and am glad I did. Complete remodel with the old "bones" of the building. Gives it a funky and kind of quirky feel - a round hotel naturally would! I'm not a decorator or interior design expert so I'm describing the decor as modern retro - think "Mad Men" but current. Excellent customer service. Fantastic location - could walk to a wonderful array of restaurants, micro-brew pubs, museums, etc. The only "ding" - and the reason I didn't give it five stars - is for the on-site restaurant and bar. Too pricey for the lackluster drinks and menu. Don't let that sway you, though, as the location with lots of stuff within walking distance makes up for it. Definitely try it if you like hotels that are a bit out of the mainstream cookie-cutter variety.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for giving our hotel a try after reading some of the previous reviews. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Our hotel recently completed a full renovation. We have a fantastic location, staff, restaurant, and guestrooms. Please visit again when you return to Raleigh.

Regards,

Reviewed May 1, 2014

We were in Raleigh for our daughters basketball tournament. Great location, lovely rooms, the food in the restaurant was very good and the staff friendly and accommodating. The Concierge guy (Derek) was absolutely incredible, going well above and beyond to satisfy any service request we had (and we had many) and always with a smile. I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Charlotte M
Orlando F, Hotel Manager at Holiday Inn Raleigh Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

"To create great hotels, guest love!" Our hotel shares the same philosophy with our parent company, InterContinental Hotels Group. Thank you for your recent accommodations and high recommendations. We hope to see you soon.

Best,

Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here in May 2013 and renovations were in progress. Now it seems to be complete. Room was clean and comfortable. Hotel is old but they seem to try to keep it in good repair. The service elevator was broken so all staff had to use the two guest elevators which was a minor inconvenience. Service at the restaurant for breakfast wasn't very impressive but food was good. Hotel in a good location for walking to the legislature, restaurants and bars and the museums.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Orlando F, Hotel Manager at Holiday Inn Raleigh Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

It is a pleasure to have you return to our hotel. I am pleased you noticed improvements from a year ago. I want to thank you for your assessment of our newly renovated rooms. A great deal of thought and planning has gone into the layout of our rooms to make them convenient and comfortable. Our hotel is old but we perform extensive preventative maintenance to make sure it is in good repair. I apologize that the service elevator was down and it caused minor inconveniences. I will pass along your comments regarding restaurant service and food to our Food and Beverage Director. I look forward to your return visit in the near future.

Best,