“Best Service Ever!!”

Holiday Inn Raleigh Downtown
Ranked #39 of 87 Hotels in Raleigh
Reviewed May 1, 2014

We were in Raleigh for our daughters basketball tournament. Great location, lovely rooms, the food in the restaurant was very good and the staff friendly and accommodating. The Concierge guy (Derek) was absolutely incredible, going well above and beyond to satisfy any service request we had (and we had many) and always with a smile. I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Charlotte M
Orlando F, Hotel Manager at Holiday Inn Raleigh Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

"To create great hotels, guest love!" Our hotel shares the same philosophy with our parent company, InterContinental Hotels Group. Thank you for your recent accommodations and high recommendations. We hope to see you soon.

Best,

Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here in May 2013 and renovations were in progress. Now it seems to be complete. Room was clean and comfortable. Hotel is old but they seem to try to keep it in good repair. The service elevator was broken so all staff had to use the two guest elevators which was a minor inconvenience. Service at the restaurant for breakfast wasn't very impressive but food was good. Hotel in a good location for walking to the legislature, restaurants and bars and the museums.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Orlando F, Hotel Manager at Holiday Inn Raleigh Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

It is a pleasure to have you return to our hotel. I am pleased you noticed improvements from a year ago. I want to thank you for your assessment of our newly renovated rooms. A great deal of thought and planning has gone into the layout of our rooms to make them convenient and comfortable. Our hotel is old but we perform extensive preventative maintenance to make sure it is in good repair. I apologize that the service elevator was down and it caused minor inconveniences. I will pass along your comments regarding restaurant service and food to our Food and Beverage Director. I look forward to your return visit in the near future.

Best,

Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

Rock n Roll Raleigh was on my to do list for April 13, 2014.
Had booked room months before marathon and asked about late checkout since the check out time is 11am! They said no problem just tell the front desk when you sign in.
Two weeks before marathon again placed call to confirm registration and late check out. Told no problem. 2 days before marathon again called to confirm and once again told no problem. Arrive day before marathon got to check in and was told that Manager said no late checkouts!!!! Marathon starts at 7am and I'm a pretty fast marathoner but to do 26.2 and get back to hotel in time for checkout to shower etc is impossible. I asked if many times if there was something they could do and she says you can leave your car in parking lot. Really!!! I won't even go I to the no refrigerator in rooms or hair dryer etc etc. I will never stay in another Holiday Inn due to this experience. Can't tell you how mad I was that I had to tell people who came from other states and countries to meet up that I couldn't make it since I had no where to shower and my hotel would let me check out late when everyone else that was with our group that stayed somewhere else the hotel extended their checkout time to 1-2pm.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Hppd432
Orlando F, Hotel Manager at Holiday Inn Raleigh Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Congratulations on completing the full marathon at Rock N Roll 2014! I apologize for the confusion regarding extended checkout. Due to the substantial number of guests requesting late-checkouts, it made it extremely difficult to accommodate everyone. I would like for you to contact me so we can further discuss and give me the opportunity to make this right.

Ofaison@soundhospitality.com

Reviewed April 14, 2014

This was not the hotel I booked. We ended up here because the one we booked was experiencing maintenance problems. The front desk was friendly. The hotel is old, I thought it was going to be dirty, however I was pleasantly surprised, the floor we stayed on had recently been remodeled. It was clean, with brand new carpeting, fresh bedding. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. The parking is free, which is a plus. We didn't eat at the restaurant so I can't comment on that. The bathroom was great and had also been remodeled. The room has a little coffee maker which was nice in the morning. It also has a desk area and comfortable chair, another chair and little table. This hotel is located in a nice part of the city and easy to walk and get around.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LorrifromWelcome

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to reflect on your recent stay. The foundation of our hotel is old but we recently completed a multi million dollar renovation. On your next visit, please check out our Skye Tower Restaurant and Bar located on our top floor, best view in Downtown Raleigh!

Regards,

Reviewed April 1, 2014

I stayed at the hotel during a technology conference because it was within walking distance to the convention center. While I was there the water lines messed up & caused all of the showers and sinks to have cold water with virtually no water pressure. Being that this was a business trip this was a HUGE inconvenience and the saddest part was that they didn't even have the courtesy to let anyone know! I had to call the front desk and then they told me about it with no apologies. During check out the next morning, no one on staff could figure out how to split a bill and they only had 2 people to help check out. There were a lot of people that were attending the same conference as I was and were checking out that morning and they were completely unprepared. I had to wait in line 45 minutes and ended up missing sessions at my conference trying to split my bill and sort out the bill that was wrong in the first place.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank Chelsea D
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Raleigh Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Dear Chelsea D,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We are glad you liked the convenient location of our hotel from the convention center. Please accept our sincerest apology for the experience you had with your room accommodations and the service you received did not live up to your expectations. We have sent you a private message to obtain some additional details. Thank you for staying and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed March 13, 2014

very nice redone hotel these round holiday inns are ancient great parking
not bad location with a few local restaurants nearby
$90 on priceline
But the breakfast restaurant is a disaster!! ARE they on strike???
there was only 1/3 full but the wait staff didnt seem to be bothered to clear any dirty tables. we got the buffet which was fair but HAD TO GET MY OWN SILVERWARE!!!!!!

We had to ask someone to clear the table Meanwhile one guy was too worried about putting in the bills from a group function

Extremely bad experience in the restaurant

otherwise not a bad choice, large clean room

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank drillerkc74
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Highlights of this stay:
While we were there on two separate occasions the hotel lost water pressure and the ability to heat the water to many rooms including ours. In addition, during a rain storm one of the windows in our leaked water into our room. We were with a group traveling on business from a public school. We missed meetings both days because of the issues that prevented us from exiting the hotel at our desired time.

I understand that these things will happen, what I am very disappointed in was the reaction by the management to the situation.

We asked to speak with a manager while checking out. After much delay we found one on our own. Told him of our experience and told him that others from our group had received a refund earlier that morning. His comment, stated in a very disrespectful tone, “No one should have received a refund, they had a bed.” So, just to clarify for future visitors to this hotel. A room here does not have to include water, electricity, or even keep out water from a rain storm out of your room. If you have a bed, that is all you will receive when you paid $200 dollars a night.

While waiting to speak to the manager on our check out morning we also were privileged to hear these wonderful things in the lobby from people checking out.
- Question from hotel guest checking out – if you have no water how is the hotel restaurant staying open? Answer from staff person at front desk, “We have lots of cutlery.”
- Comment from another person standing in line checking out – “My friend was sick all last night vomiting. Since there was no water in the room, we called down and asked for water, Gatorade, or something to give her to drink. We were told it would be $3 dollars a bottle for water? That was wrong.

I have read other reviews here. I realize a manager will reply to this apologizing profusely and proclaiming these things are fixed. But, I assure you that person was not on duty when we checked out.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
5  Thank PublicT444
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Raleigh Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Dear PublicT444,