“Rude beyond belief”

Comfort Inn & Suites Crabtree Valley
Ranked #49 of 87 Hotels in Raleigh
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Made reservations on line as we were coming from out of town for one night. Made reservations based on the fact that they allowed pets, confirmed this with reservations and called the hotel to confirm, we arrived and I was told that my dog was to big and we could not stay, the manager on duty was Schandra, I have never been treated with such disrespect, she cancelled my reservation and told me it was not her problem when I asked if she knew of another place, then she would not refund my credit card told me I had to go through reservations, Visa is still fighting that battle for me. Choice Hotels should do a better job, I will never attempt to stay at any of their properties again. For the record I have a 6 month old lab mix, under 50 lbs.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank kblackstock718
Shanta P, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Crabtree Valley, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2014

I am sorry that we were not able to accommodate your reservation upon arrival. Our website states that we allow pets up to 40 lbs on our first floor in our standard rooms. As we were not able to accommodate you, we did not charge you.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

We were so pleased from the ease of making reservations to checkout. Staff very pleasant. We stayed in a two room suite. Clean, nice bed covers and pillows.Plenty of room and an excellent price.The breakfast had cold cereal, hot cereal, bagels, waffles, yogurt, eggs and sausage plus milk, juice and coffee.They did not mind us taking food upstairs to our rooms. We needed to delay check out due to my mother's health, no problem. We took her to her 60th high school class reunion. Very convenient for events at State College, Meredith College and the fairgrounds. Crabtree Valley Mall just down the road. If we are ever in the area again we will use this hotel.

Room Tip: If you folks going to bed at different times the suite is worth the extra money for what all you get...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Shanta P, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Crabtree Valley, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Thank you for your kind comments! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 27, 2014

I stay at the Comfort Inn-Crabtree Valley while visiting Raleigh for the 2014 NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament. This hotel is located and easy 10-minute drive from the PNC Arena and about 5-minutes away from the Crabtree Valley Mall. There are plenty of restaurants nearby including Fat Daddy’s and a Golden Corral, which are located in adjacent to the hotel. This hotel was adequate for my stay but could use some attention as its beginning to show its age. The window could use a good cleaning on the inside and out especially on some of the upper floors. The furniture especially the chairs are also becoming somewhat worn. I found the room to be clean and the beds comfortable and well made. The housekeeping staff was very accommodating and willing to work around my schedule. The breakfast area was spacious and featured the usual waffles, cereals, pastries, juice and coffee plus sausage and eggs. For the most part the breakfast area was maintained through the advertised times but during peak times there was no coffee available. The internet in my room was somewhat it and miss. When I could connect it was fast, but several times it would disconnect without warning.The front desk staff were professional and competent. Parking is somewhat limited with a number of limited spaces available in front of the hotel. There is a larger lot behind the hotel which requires the guest to walk some distance to the entrance or use the unsecured garage entrance. All in all this hotel was adequate and the rate was acceptable considering other hotels in the area tended to inflate their rates due to the NCAA Tournament.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Shanta P, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Crabtree Valley, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments. I am happy to hear that the location being close to PNC and multiple restaurants was favorable. Thank you for your comments about the rooms being clean the beds being comfortable. Also that our Housekeeping staff was accommodating. I am sorry to hear about the windows. Our Housekeeping Staff has been made aware of the windows and will check them. There are a few windows that the stain is between the double paned glass. We continue to renovate and have several projects slated for this year. Thank you again for your comments!

Reviewed March 18, 2014

We recently stayed here with our robotics team for the tournament held at Dorton Arena. This hotel was reasonably priced and easy drive to our event. We did have one group snafu when we asked to add an extra day at the begining to one of our rooms which somehow ended up with that room being checked out a day early although we NEVER asked for that. It was fixed by the front desk manager and all was well.

As for our personal room, we booked a King Suite and it was wonderful, especially for the price. It had a decent sized living room (with sleeper sofa) which was great for group dinner, a very large patio (the weather was uncooperative but otherwise we'd have been out there), and a nice bathroom as well. We did have one maintenance issue as our toilet was very slow. And when I needed a plunger I had to go get it and fix the problem myself. Also, while our room smelled fine the hallway and elevator did not.

There was a lot to do nearby as well, plenty of restaurants and shopping and the Fairgrounds are only about 10 minutes away.

I would stay here again in a group situation but I prefer Hilton brand hotels so if I was on my own I'd likely not.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Shanta P, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Crabtree Valley, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

I am glad to hear that the suite worked out well and that you enjoyed the location with the nearby shopping and restaurants. I apologize that the toilet was not taken care of for you by our staff and that the change on your reservation was initially not done correctly. I have review these items with our staff. Thank you for your comments!

Reviewed February 25, 2014

Stayed here (local stay) during a recent snow storm and the possibility/probability of loss of power at my home, and due to having a cold-sensitive pet. First, few hotels in the area allow pets, this one does at a small surcharge (OK by me). All 'pet rooms' are 1st floor only, which is fine too. Expected a more beat-up or smelly room due to being a 'pet room', but was very pleasantly surprised in that room had NO problems. No smells; furnishing and bedding fine. No gouged up walls or worn paint. Room had good heating system, quiet and efficient. I could not have found fault with this room even if it had not been a 'pet room'. Microwave and frig in room. Check-in staff was friendly. The breakfast is okay but nothing special. If there is any feature to make this hotel better, it would be a better breakfast offering, like fresh made eggs.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Mike D
Shanta P, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Crabtree Valley, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay! I am happy to hear the room was comfortable and you enjoyed staying with us!

Reviewed January 20, 2014

Wish I could find something good to say about this stay. Reserved seven rooms for myself and co-workers attending a meeting in Raleigh for two days. Advanced reservations with no refunds unfortunately. Upon arriving on the first night of our stay I was told all of my co-workers had arrived - which wasn't true - the on-duty manager at the time had actually given one of our rooms to someone else - on my credit card! - because she thought he was with my group? Then had that unknown individual call MY room to see what he needed to do. My credit card was charged for the additional room (and subsequently credited later).
One of my co-workers was given a room which was already occupied - four of us were given room keys which didn't work - one person had to come back twice!
According to my co-workers the breakfast bar was "sad". (A nice way to describe it)
My room was heated to about 80 degrees and no manipulation of the thermostat control would control it. I finally turned it completely off. The room was aged and had issues such as the batteries in the TV remote were held in with scotch tape because the cover was missing - mold in the bathroom area. I actually didn't stay there the 2nd night because the smell of the 6th floor.
I can't in good conscious recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Shanta P, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Crabtree Valley, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinions. We offer a complimentary breakfast featuring eggs, sausage, waffles, breakfast breads, muffins, fresh fruit, cereal, juice, coffee and more. Our 6th floor is designated for smoking. We are happy to relocate guests to non-smoking rooms upon request. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations as we strive to be the best affordable, clean and comfortable hotel in Crabtree Valley.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Rooms were very comfortable, clean and roomy. The breakfast was adequate and the cleaning crew honored my request for privacy. I worked all evening on the internet and never lost service. For the price, it was more than I could ask for.

Room Tip: I had a King size bed. Loved it.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Shanta P, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Crabtree Valley, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review the Comfort Inn & Suites Crabtree! We are happy to hear that your room was comfortable and the internet service worked well. We hope to see you again soon!