“Long weekend”

Comfort Inn & Suites Crabtree Valley
Ranked #50 of 87 Hotels in Raleigh
Reviewed June 11, 2012

We arrived late in the evening on a Wednesday night. The desk clerk was very amenable and our reservation and room were available very quickly. It was around 1 A.M. so we were very tired. The hotel is 80s style and the rooms haven't been remodeled in all that time I'd say. Most of the furnishings and such are of that era. The carpeting appears to be new in the hallway, but the room carpeting has been there for years. The ice machine was not functional, there was no vending machine on the floor. There seems to be a lack of maintenance and upgrade budgets when you observe this. The hotel is in a nice location and convenient to a lot of things which is why we stayed there. The wireless worked very well for us, as opposed to what others have previously said. The pool was very small, the workout center as well. The elevators were very slow. The morning breakfast was very good and plentiful. Coffee was almost always empty each morning. Again, these are my impressions but as a frequent traveler I have stayed in many hotels and this one was just average for the price paid. .

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed May 27, 2012

Our recent stay at this hotel was almost excellent. Our one bedroom suite contained two large, separate rooms, each with its own entry to the hallway. We requested an early check in (1 PM) by phone from the airport, and the desk staff accommodated us very graciously. The suite was spotless, a/c (which we desperately needed) worked well, as did most of the appliances in the rooms and bathroom. A few minor maintenance issues, which management should look into, not only in this suite but possibly others: two loose electrical outlets (behind the desk in the bed room and the hair dryer outlet in the bathroom), loose toilet paper holder, loose towel rack (probably from being used as a grab bar), and the mirrored closet door did not latch properly. The buffet breakfast was extensive--eggs and sausage in addition to the usual bread, muffins, and waffles (although the waffle maker was making waffles that stuck to the electric griddle, even after a liberal application of the provided spray, and syrup was nowhere to be found. These comments are all mostly minor, and we would stay there again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Choose this Comfort Suites if value, location, and comfort are priorities
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 23, 2012

I stayed here last Friday traveling on business. The staff was friendly, but the rooms were outdated and very unattractive. The comforter was brown, the curtains were brown-ish, and the carpet was brown. The chair next to the bed was (used to be) red and was fading terribly. On the upshot, breakfast was nice and plentiful -- property is very old and needs to be sorely updated. For the money, I could have stayed at a Comfort Suites or a Sheraton with more modern surroundings.

Room Tip: Away from the elevators for sure!! They are old and very loud. We all know children love to ride the...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 28, 2012

It is the year 2012 and still no IPOD jack on the radio!!!! Internet is so slow I am using my wireless card which I have to pay for! I will move up the street tomorow. Other then that the staff was very nice but rooms were very average and unlike Comfort Suites the top floor is ALL smoking.

Room Tip: If you need a good internet connection go elsewhere. Other then that there are many restaurants in w...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank jgumms
Reviewed March 25, 2012

we needed an inexpensive place near Crabtree Valley when my son went to Raleigh for a baseball tournament. This place exceeded our expectations. The room was spacious (king bed) everything was immaculate, the breakfast was hot, including meat, and plentiful. the staff was friendly and did everything to make our stay pleasant. We did have a problem with Choice Hotels gift cards (we are Elite members) and the staff did everything they could to help us out. It is a corporate problem and we will deal with them. I would stay here again if I ever travel to Raleigh again. I can't say anything about the pool - it was still closed. Fat Daddy's burger place next door is great too, by the way!!!!

Room Tip: The king size beds were awesome and I wanted to steal the pillows!!!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 22, 2012

Room was clean and large. There was a nice variety of breakfast items on the buffet. Unfortunately, I did not have my glasses with me when I checked in. I was quoted a price, paid and signed the receipt. When I got home I was looking over the receipt and realized I was not charged the rate I was quoted. I was overcharged. I guess it was my error for not being able to read the print.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 11, 2012

My family and I stayed here for 2 nights for a weekend event in Raleigh. The rooms were neat, clean, and check in was fast and friendly. The beds were a bit uncomfortable, but I feel all hotel beds are. I do wish they had a bit more variety with the kids' tv channels, like Disney, Nickelodeon, etc. They didn't have any. My husband and children saw the breakfast and said it looked pretty standard. Not bad, but nothing special. We did not eat it. On the second night, the toilet overflowed in the bathroom and we were quickly moved to an equally clean and comfortable room. The checkout was great, they leave your receipt under the door, and if all is OK, you just leave your cards in the room. This hotel is also convenient to shopping, dining, and downtown Raleigh. I would definitely stay again

• Stayed: March 2012