“Nice hotel, Excellent front desk service! (also called Raleigh Midtown)”

Hampton Inn Raleigh Midtown
Ranked #47 of 86 Hotels in Raleigh
Ohio
“Nice hotel, Excellent front desk service! (also called Raleigh Midtown)”
Reviewed July 23, 2009

Very nice clean room. Had a suite with chair/ottoman, which I spent a lot of time in reviewing paperwork. Good water pressure, plenty of hot water for shower. Quiet hallways, have to swipe hotel card if coming in main door after a certain time at night. Plenty of parking.
Breakfast was basic - breads, muffins, juice, microwaveable pancakes/french toast. Smaller seating area. Plenty of restaurants across the street, Food Lion down the street to buy snacks or drinks. Because I am a reward member I got water and chips on arrival. Never had that before (or since), so it was a nice surprise.
Ken at the front desk was AWESOME with helping me. I had never been to Raleigh before this multi-day trip, and turns out I chose a hotel about 20 miles away from where I needed to be, Ken looked up other Hamptons, changed all my reservations for me, gave me confirmation numbers to be sure I didn't have any problems (apparently someone else did with rate changes).
Did not use pool, but was plain and small. Lots of chairs and a covered seating section. Only negative of the stay was the business center computer very slow and froze up a lot. Unfortunately, because of being slightly off my location, I ended up needing lots of directions when I got there. Overall fantastic stay!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank ozbound08

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
SHALLOTTE
Reviewed June 26, 2009

It's right off I-440, easy to get to. Everything about the stay was good. Room is nice, place is clean & good breakfast bar. It's my favorite place to stay when in Raleigh.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank BSUBigboy
Alpharetta, Georgia
Reviewed October 20, 2008

We went down to Raleigh for a quick getaway. We stayed Saturday and Sunday night, for $49 & $65 through Hotels.com. The hotel was nice, clean and above average for that price. We wanted to stay an extra night, but they wanted to charge $119 because business travelers make the week busier than the weekend. My husband spoke with the front desk and they were able to lower it to $89, which is still well worth it since it was a nice hotel. It is set back from the road so there is no loud noise, and we didn't hear one guest the entire time we were in the room. Very nice, and if we went back to Raleigh we would stay there. Only about 10 minutes from downtown and near a lot of restaurants. Only 5 minutes from the North Hills Shopping center which was very nice as well.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Marriedin06
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 6, 2008

I stayed here for two nights during a business trip. I was very pleased with the hotel and satisfied with the stay.

The hotel itself is on a private little drive that it shares with a Marriott hotel. My room was very clean and well appointed, and included a mini fridge and microwave. Bed was very comfortable, too.

There is a large outdoor pool; gym is open 24 hours per day; business center was large, private, and well appointed. Front desk was friendly and helpful; breakfast was typical of the hotel chain.

The location is great - right off of the highway. Across the street, there is a Melting Pot restaurant and a yummy Thai restaurant that I would highly recommend!

A prior post complained about plastic hangers (seriously... get over it) and how "old" the property is. From what I read, this hotel was built in 1988, so it is certainly not ancient. It is well kept and the housekeeping staff, from what I noticed, work their butts off to keep each room spotless.

I found this hotel to be a nice reflection of the Hampton Inn brand and will definitely stay there again when I am in Raleigh.

Stayed September 2008
1 Thank Melanie3979
Brentwood, TN
Reviewed August 4, 2008

I was a little leery of this hotel. Got a good AAA rate from the hotel website which was cheaper than most of the other hotels in the area. I was only staying one night on my way to the outer banks so I figure... what the heck , I'll try this for one night. I was pleasantly surprise. The hotel was clean and nice. It was convienent to the highway, and was near food and shopping (I bought a bunch of stuff at my local Costco only to find the hotel was down the block from one). I definitley recommend this hotel. it is clean, quiet, and convienent.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank bwoodTN
Lacey, Washington
Reviewed July 24, 2006

In reading these other reviews, I expected a clean comfortable room up to the Hampton's usual standards. You need to be aware that this hotel is OLD and the most basic of the basic of the Hampton's. My room featured very old plastic hangers with a completely disfunctional placement of the ironing board right behind the hangers. There were attached rooms. The general condition of the room was worn and old. More like what I'd expect from a Ramada.

Maybe I got a bum room, is possible, however this is not up to the usual Hampton standard. The beds are the best part of the room as they feature very comfortable duvets, however since the rest of the room was old and not clean, had to wonder how clean the sheets actually were.

If you are looking for VERY basic accomodations, you won't be disappointed, and maybe if you get to stay on a nicer floor you may be okay, but I really really think this hotel needs to be remodeled. It is not consistent to have some great rooms and some terrible rooms. Makes it difficult for the traveler to plan their stay.

Pro's- free highspeed, free breakfast, nice beds
Con's- cleanliness, rooms are dated/old, inconsistent

• Liked — Beds, location, free breakfast, free high speed internet
  • Disliked — Cleanliness, old, worn rooms
  • Tips/Secrets — Try and get on a remodled floor
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled on business
1 Thank RedHeadGo
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed June 27, 2006

I tend to stay at the Hampton Inn whenever I travel on business for a few main reasons:
1) Miles and points
2) wireless internet
3) free hot breakfast
This was my first stay at this property and I wan't disappointed. The room was very clean and comfortable (standard issue Hampton Inn room) and the staff was particularly friendly. There are a couple of restraunts and bars in the area and I was only a 10 minute drive to the airport in the morning. This location is a bit cheaper than the Hampton that is called 'Hampton Inn - Raleigh Airport' and it is only about 5 minutes further. Worth saving the $15 to $20 bucks if you ask me. The location is right off the beltway in the middle of town, very near Duke Medical Center.

• Stayed June 2006, traveled on business