“Weekend in Raleigh”

Ranked #51 of 87 Hotels in Raleigh
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Very convenient location in the Research Triangle area close to RDU Int'l Arpt. We visited Duke, UNC, and NCSU in Durham, Chapel Hill, and Raleigh and this was close to all 3. The hotel staff were very friendly and offered us suggestions on dining and various places to visit.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Hampton M, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Raleigh Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Brian S.,

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel, while visiting Raleigh.

The hotel is close to I-440, which will allow you easy accessibility to all the surrounding towns.

I am so glad that the staff gave you some recommendations as to where to go and what to see.

Thank you so much for writing a review about our property on TripAdvisor.com. We really do appreciate it.

(919) 828-1813

Reviewed January 5, 2014

We had no problems with our stay. Nice, clean hotel with a nice staff. After checking in, the manager that checked us in called our room to make sure everything was to our liking. No complaints. The hotel was also located in a nice central area - close to restaurants and just a few minutes from the mall.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor.com.

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and liked our location.

We are conveniently located to lots of area restaurants and 2 malls. We call ourselves, "Raleigh's hidden treasure."

We hope you come and stay with us the next time you are in Raleigh.

(919) 828-1813

Reviewed January 2, 2014

I made a last minute reservation using Hilton Honors Points. The hotel is convenient to I-440 and Wake Forest Road, but is very quiet and private. My room had been updated. Comfortable and roomy. My one complaint was room location. Due to the layout of the hotel, my room (on the first floor) was directly in front of the two elevators. The noise level was horrible as people waited for the elevators, carrying on conversations without even attempting to lower voices. As it was New Year's Eve, there were several who were quite loud and late (and I didn't get back to the room until 2 a.m.) Then I got to deal with the early morning departures. I should have asked for a different room when I checked in. Note to others: Do not stay in room 125.

Room Tip: Avoid room 125, and surrounding rooms. The elevator lobby can be very noisy as people wait.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Hampton M, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Raleigh Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Thank you for writing a review on TripAdvisor.com.

We appreciate all of the feedback we get from our guests. Anything we can do to help make someone's stay more accommodating is what we strive for.

I am so sorry that your room location was not ideal. We do get busy on New Year's Eve, b/c there are several parties going on, in and around Raleigh.

I know it was late, but we always have a guest representative available to help assist with any issues or concerns that arise during the night. I am sorry to hear that you were interrupted, during the night, by the other guests in the hotel.

Thank you again for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.com

Reviewed January 2, 2014

We drove from Myrtle Beach to Raleigh and needed to find a room for 1 night before a flight the next day. We got to Raleigh and we looked up local Hamptons. We picked this one because the prices online were excellent and most Hamptons are pretty standard on their level of quality. We arrived with no reservation and were able to reserve a room for that night with a AAA discount for only $71!

The room was a standard Hampton room and the service was Hampton quality (read: wonderful!)

There is a shopping center located just down the hill from this Hampton- we went to Trader Joes and got a bottle of wine and some snacks. 1 exit down on the freeway is another center that has some higher end restaurants. We ate at a place called Cowfish (try it! It was awesome!) which was right next to a Yardhouse.

When we checked out the next morning, we went into Raleigh for the day, it was about a 15 min drive into the city's downtown.

The only complaint we had was the AC/Heater unit. Ours didn't turn on. After taking our hot showers before bed, the room was very stuffy so we tried to turn the fan on for a few min to circulate some air and it didn't work. Eventually the room cooled down, but it was a bit uncomfortable for a while.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Allierskine,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about our property.

We do refer to our property as, "Raleigh's Hidden Treasure." We are conveniently located to several of the "must see and must do" attractions in Raleigh.

I am so glad you tried The Cowfish, that is one of our favorite restaurants. Yummers!!! Yard House is a great place, too. Trader Joe's is a landmark for us!! Since we are somewhat off the beaten path, we refer to Trader Joe's on a daily basis.

I am so sorry that you had an issue with your AC/Heater unit. If you had mentioned this to us while you were here, we would have taken care of the issue immediately.

Again, thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

I was very pleased with my stay, so much so that each evening when talking to my wife on the phone I mentioned what was for breakfast or the evening snack provided more than I did the conference I was attending. I was also very pleased with the exercise room, the disposable ear buds were a nice touch. The 24 hr coffee bar was very nice, much appreciated when getting up early and hitting the gym before going to my conference. I hope to make Hampton Inns our choice in hotels in the future. Thank you for such a fine experience!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Kerry B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor, about our hotel.

We just recently expanded our breakfast area, along with our breakfast items. I am so glad you enjoyed the variety.

We have a Manager Reception on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from 5:30 - 7:00 p.m. It's our way of saying, "Thank you for staying with us." It also gives our guests a chance to unwind after a long day at the office.

Please stay with us the next time you are in Raleigh!

Reviewed December 7, 2013

This property is very close to I-440, which helps avoid Raleigh traffic when you arrive and depart. Despite the proximity to this Interstate loop, traffic noise was not an issue. Rooms were spacious, service was very good, and, as usual, breakfast was nice. The price is very reasonable, since one can use this property as a starting point for accessing various downtown sites.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hampton M, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Raleigh Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2013

Dear Steve K,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor.com.

We are conveniently located to downtown Raleigh and some other major attractions in the area. And being so close to I-440, but not too close, helps our guests get around Raleigh quite easily.

I am also glad to know that you were pleased with; your room, our breakfast selection and the service you received. We take pride in our property, and I think that shows.

I hope you have a very happy holiday!!!

Reviewed December 4, 2013

This is an older hotel but surprisingly good. The lobby and breakfast area were just renovated and are very nice. Breakfast was above average with egg omelets and sausage one morning and scrambled eggs with biscuits and gravy the next - also cereal, fruit, English muffins, and fresh made waffles. The rooms are supposed to be renovated soon, but mine was spacious, clean, and comfortable they wash the bed comforters after every stay. The bathroom is spacious with a good massage head in the shower and a granite counter top sink. The staff was terrific. For a short stay, it's hard to beat the value and location.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Dear jbasil,

Thank you so much for the great review.

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay while at the Hampton Inn Raleigh Midtown. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed our breakfast and the newly renovated common areas.

We are very proud of our hotel and are excited to hear about any feedback our guests can give us.

I hope you have a wonderful holiday!!!