“Nice Stay”

Ranked #55 of 87 Hotels in Raleigh
Reviewed May 8, 2013

It was a good stay! The staff was very friendly and helpful and made recommendations of where to eat. My daughter and I stood there for 2 nights and the room was what I expected of a Hampton Inn, clean bedding and sheets pillows comfy and the bathroom was spotless.

The breakfast was satisfactory. The location was good because you can go to Trader
Joes down the road to get snacks. Overall a good experience.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
DOSHIRM2010, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Raleigh Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor.com

We pride ourselves on our cleanliness. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay while in Raleigh.

Glad we could be of assistance as to where to eat, while in the area. Hope you enjoyed the restaurant you went to.

Please remember us the next time you are in Raleigh!!! We love having you here!!

Director of Sales and Marketing

Reviewed May 8, 2013

The staff are doing their best, but the hotel is obviously in the middle of a major renovation and as a result it really isn't a very pleasant place to stay. The lobby is closed so entrance is through a fire exit and reception is a desk in a corridor. My room was rather scuffed with an old carpet and spackled holes in the wall where things had been removed. The fifth floor had obviously had smoking rooms at one time as there is still a lingering scent.
On the positive side, the staff are nice, the room was very clean and the breakfast was good. I'm sure this will be a very nice hotel in a few months' time, but for the time being this is really a budget hotel rather than a Hampton Inn.

Room Tip: Wait a few months
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

You are correct, we are undergoing a complete renovation at our hotel and we understand how frustrating that can be.

After all the renovations, we will have a new lobby, new front desk and it will definitely be worth the wait.

Please let us know if you are at all dissatisfied while staying at the hotel. I am sorry you were unhappy with your room, while staying at our hotel.

Yes, currently the hotel is facing some challenges with the renovation process but the finished product will be well worth it.

The next time you are in the area, please feel free to email me or call me and I will personally make your reservation for you.

Director of Sales and Marketing

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Nice Hotel, nice people, good location. Staying in the Carolinas for work. Nice breakfast, Gym could be better. They had a nice little suprise with a "happy hour" which was welcome after a long day of work/travel.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Hampton M, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Raleigh Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Thank you, thank you and thank you for the very nice review on Tripadvisor.com

We do offer a Manager’s Social (Monday – Wednesday) evenings from 6 p.m. – 8 p.m. but we have suspended it until after we complete our lobby renovations. Which should be completed by July.

Once we do start the Reception again, we plan on doing a cook-out/once a month at the hotel.

The next time you are in Raleigh, I invite you to come back to the Hampton Inn Raleigh Midtown.

“We love having you here!”

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Nice, clean place to stay that's easy to get to most areas of Raleigh. Location is good but add a few extra minutes when you leave in the morning as the stoplight just around the corner is a long red light.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

I was in Raleigh for a business conference. This was a very nice hotel in a very convenient location, although a rental car was needed to get around. The staff was excellent. The complimentary breakfast was well thought out and expertly attended to. Very clean. Except that my room was right across from the ice machine, the room was very quiet. I had recommended this hotel to colleagues who were also traveling in for the conference just based on it being a Hampton Inn. We were all very pleased with the choice. Excellent value.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for your excellent review.

We do refer to this hotel as “Raleigh’s hidden treasure”

We are located right in the heart of Raleigh with convenient access to several things to see and do in the area.

I am so glad you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast, that is a Hampton standard and it is a great value.

The next time your company is attending a conference in Raleigh, please call or email me. We do offer group discounts and would like to have you stay with us.

Thank you.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

We only stayed one night here and the staff was nice. We had something delivered before we checked in and the staff put it back in the office for us and had it waiting when we checked in. The doorways into the hall seemed to not have much sound proofing since we could hear most everyone walking down the halls and talking. It was especially nice at 2 or 3 in the morning when I group was standing outside our doors thinking it was the elevator. Otherwise it was a nice stay, the bathroom is quite large and the bed was very comfy. I would stay here again if I was in the area, but maybe stay on a higher floor.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor.com.

I am sorry that you encountered a bit of a noise issue while staying with us. Please let us know about any issues or complaints while staying at our property so we can assist in any way possible to make your stay a pleasant one.

Please remember us the next time you are in the area.

Thank you.

Hamptopn Inn Raleigh Midtown

Reviewed April 7, 2013

My brother and I met up for a quick weekend to hang out. I booked this hotel online before heading out, but my brother got there very early, much before my arrival. The staff were very accomodating and checked him right in and even offered him breakfast. I arrived much later in the afternoon and saw that the room did not have 2 beds like I had reserved online. This was due to the fact that they checked in my brother early and a room with 2 beds wasn't available at the time (not at all their fault). They had us moved to the correct room within 15 minutes! They had a very nice gentleman deliver the new keys to our room for us. The room was very, very clean and quiet throughout the night. Breakfast was good and they had several attendants on duty to make sure everyone was taken care of. Every single staff member we ran into was friendly and said hello to us. Johnathan was working behind the desk and upon checking out; he made sure that everything was in order and they didn't charge me extra for my brother arriving early! They really went out of their way to make sure we had a nice stay - I would absolutely recommend this hotel. Additional note: it is also near the I-440 interstate and close to a bunch of stores and resturants (right across the main street).

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
DOSHIRM2010, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Raleigh Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2013

I am so glad you and your brother had a great weekend hanging out in Raleigh.

I am glad your brother was able to relax, have some breakfast and check-in.

I am so glad you were pleased with your room and our breakfast options. We pride ourselves on our customer service and making sure every guest feels right at home.

And yes, we are right off of I-440 and we are located across the street from Trader Joe’s and Costco!!

We hope that you will come and stay with us, the next time you &/or your brother come to Raleigh.