“Hampton Inn--ok but could be much better”

Hampton Inn Raleigh Midtown
Ranked #47 of 86 Hotels in Raleigh
houston
“Hampton Inn--ok but could be much better”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

When in Raleigh I generally stay at either the Hampton Inn or Courtyard both of which are on Wake Towne Drive in North Raleigh, a convenient but not a visible location. This past weekend it was the hampton's turn. This place has some time on it but is generally being kept up to Hampton's standards. I have two complaints that I think are really more chain mandated problems and not individual property problems. The current linen package at the last two Hampton Inns I have stayed at would have been fine in 1980 but are really passe today. The comforter is not incased in a sepaarate sheet and the overall quality and thread count of the linens is not up to the competition. The same crummy non workable water squeezing showerhead was in both facilities and once again, it is just not up to standards. Management personnel were great and noticeably much better than say three years agao at this same facility--so I think a change in mangement or ownership might have occurred and that was a good thing. Come on ownership, ignore the chain minimum standards and kick it up a notch.

Room Tip: Ask if there is a large group--they seem to do a great bit of group business--you might want to avoi...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Clinton, Maryland
Reviewed April 23, 2012

My family and I stayed here for a wedding and it was great, Steve (front desk) was kind and helpful. My parents had a double and my husband and I had a king -- both rooms were large and clean with comfy beds, sizable bathrooms, and flat screen TVs. The front desk called us about 20 minutes after check-in make sure everything was okay in our rooms. They had an excellent breakfast buffet and the hotel was conveniently located near the wedding venue and many shops, restaurants, etc. I would definitely recommend this hotel to my family and friends.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
DOSHIRM2010, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Raleigh Midtown, responded to this review, May 17, 2012
Thank you so much for the wonderful compliments. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay while you were in Raleigh.

We take great pride in our hotel and the service we provide to our guests.

We are pleased to announce that we will be doing a complete renovation this year. Starting with our public space and then going into all of the guestrooms.

We invite you to stay with us again.
new york, new york
Reviewed March 28, 2012

I was just on a road trip with my girlfriend from Florida to New York. Found this hotel on the way into Raleigh. Steve at the desk was so nice and pleasant. The price was the cheapest I had encountered on the road - for that quality. The room was super-clean. Only a 10 minute ride to downtown. It was perfect for what we needed.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
We really do love “having you here.”

We strive to be the best at what we do, here in the Midtown area.

As we do realize that there are several hotels to choose from in the area. Our location is very convenient to several locations within Raleigh.

Thank you again for taking the time to post this compliment.
Candler, North Carolina
Reviewed March 17, 2012

I was very pleased with this hotel. I arrived late, and was welcomed by a friendly and knowledgeable front desk clerk. My room was clean and my bed was comfortable. The free breakfast was better than most. The night time security guard was even friendly. The best thing about this hotel is its location. It is right off of the interstate and about 3 minutes from peace college.

Room Tip: There are no outside corridors so you feel safe in any room.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to post these compliments, we really do appreciate it.

The breakfast buffet has recently added some additional items (fresh fruit and oatmeal with a variety of toppings) to make sure that our guests have a wide variety to choose from.

We have been in touch with Peace College, to see if we start a partnership that will benefit both parties. Hopefully, we should have something in place by 2013.
Belmont, North Carolina
Reviewed February 28, 2012

I was very pleased to find the management team at this location was new. They are on to[ of everything. Within 15 minutes of checking in and getting into room, I received call, checking to make sure all was ok. Then to have drinks and appetizers so I didn't have to leave hotel for dinner was even better. Keep up the GREAT JOB!!!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
DOSHIRM2010, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Raleigh Midtown, responded to this review, March 1, 2012
Dear Chrissy,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about our property. We like to think as the Hampton Inn Raleigh Midtown as “your home away from home” while traveling to the Raleigh area.

We love to hear that you really enjoyed your stay while you were here. We try to make sure we communicate with our guests to make sure they are completely satisfied.

I am so glad you enjoyed the Manager’s Social (Mon – Wed) evenings in our lobby. We began offering this amenity b/c we know people traveling to Raleigh have a lot of properties to choose from and we are glad they chose us. We are always looking for ideas/suggestions from our guests on what they’d like us to see as part of the Manager’s Social.

Please come back and see us, the next time you are in the neighborhood.

Suzanne Villani
Director of Sales
Johns Island, South Carolina
Reviewed February 16, 2012

We have stayed at this Hampton many times and alway had good experiences. On our last stay we left a phone charger and it had been turned in by the staff and was mailed to us. The staff has always been friendly and helpful. In fact, some of them remember us and make us feel so welcome. I also noticed that it is very kid friendly.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Levittown, New York
Reviewed February 13, 2012

I had a one night stay while traveling on business. The staff and workers were all very friendly and helped me out with an early check in.
The rooms are clean and up to date, although no movie channels on the TV.
The location is great, only 6 miles to downtown, and there are a good amount of restaurants within a short drive.
Smoking rooms are available, yet no bar on premisies.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business