“Good location, very friendly, only 6 miles to Downtown”

Hampton Inn Raleigh Midtown
Ranked #49 of 86 Hotels in Raleigh
Reviewed February 13, 2012

I had a one night stay while traveling on business. The staff and workers were all very friendly and helped me out with an early check in.
The rooms are clean and up to date, although no movie channels on the TV.
The location is great, only 6 miles to downtown, and there are a good amount of restaurants within a short drive.
Smoking rooms are available, yet no bar on premisies.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Raleigh Midtown

Reviewed December 29, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for a week while visiting family over Thanksgiving. We were very satisfied with the experience. The rooms were nice and clean. Overall, the property is not as tip-top maintained as the Marriott Courtyard next door, but the rate here at Hampton Inn was much better and we are not picky about scuff marks on door jambs or in the elevator if we're saving money. We appreciated the rolling luggage carts to get our bags in and out easily.

Staff is very friendly and helpful. The breakfast bar was far more comprehensive than anything I've found anywhere else: hot breakfast entrees to microwave, oatmeal, hard-boiled eggs, yogurt and all the other normal items. Cookies and snacks in the evening. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 7, 2011

I stay at this location this week while on business. This Hampton has been around for a good while. It really s due for a makeover. Upon check in I was ask to sigh off if it was smoke in there would be a $300 fine. I loved that. I wish more Hampton Inns would do that. But the smell in the room was terrible. So they need to work on improving the cleaning. The room overall was not really that clean to me, much improvement needed there. They offer a good breakfast most frozen breakfast with a microwave to heat up. Ceral, Bagels, bread that was not very fresh, carton milk that was sitting on top of ice, but not very cold. They also a managers reception which was good, but the wings needed to be cook a little more. They have a fitness room but the only thing that worked was the threadmill, but it is on its last stage. They do offer a pass to a local fitness club, but who wants to go out that early in the morning. Overall they need to make a lot of improvements and bring this up to Hilton standards.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
DOSHIRM2010, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Raleigh Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2011

We are pleased to announce that the hotel is scheduled to start a renovation in 2012. We look forward to the finish product, once everything is completed.

We just implemented the “No smoking” policy at our property, last month, and it has been a huge success. We do still have some smoking rooms, and if someone would like a smoking room we will make sure they make the appropriate room choice when making their reservation.

I am sorry to hear about the smell you encountered when entering your room. It is our goal to make sure every single one of our guests is 100% satisfied when staying here at our hotel. If you had notified us immediately, we would have switched you to another room.

Again, I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us while in Raleigh. I hope that you give us another chance, especially after our renovations.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how you felt about your stay with us. We will make sure we improve on the areas that you have brought to our attention.

Reviewed October 25, 2011

I've actually never had a bad experience at any Hampton Inn however I thought all of them had microwave and mini-fridges in all the rooms. Now that I know I'll be sure to check out the room features before booking.

Also the elliptical machine in the fitness center was out of order which was slightly disappointing.

Overall I think the staff was friendly, rooms were clean and free breakfast was yummy. :-)

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 18, 2011

I've had pleasant stays a number of times through the years at this hotel , however, in August when I stayed the room never cooled off and the bathroom was like a sauna. We had to keep to door closed to the bathroom it was so hot. There was a vent that appeared to have hot air coming out. It was a hot day , but the hotel should have been able to provide cool rooms. i told staff , but they didn't even acknowledge my comment, appeared to be normal. I will not stay here again during summer months.

Room Tip: Ask about A/c and a room on the 2 or 3 floors may be cooler.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 27, 2011

This is a great place to stay. The staff is helpful and smiling. The rooms are clean and inviting - nothing fancy but very comfortable. Checkin was easy, the morning breakfast offered lots of choices and a to-go bag if you were in a rush. I was most impressed with the eco-friendly disposable cutlery and cups.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
DOSHIRM2010, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Raleigh Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2011

Thank you for staying with us and commenting about your stay on Trip Advisor.

The staff and I truly appreciate your feedback and we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our complimentary deluxe Continental breakfast.

The eco-friendly & disposable plates, cups and cutlery are a new Hampton standard. Glad to hear you enjoyed the new and improved breakfast addition.

Please stay with us again, the next time you are in Raleigh!

We love having you here!!!

Suzanne Villani

Reviewed September 15, 2011

This hotel is in a very good location. The reception staff was very friendly, and I was checked in quickly. The breakfast was good, also. The beds were very comfortable, and I slept very well.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family