“Just an Overnight Stop” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #73 of 84 Hotels in Raleigh
Cambridge, Canada
“Just an Overnight Stop”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

My boyfriend and I stopped at this hotel as a last minute decision; we we're driving from Ontario Canada to Deltona Florida and had planned on driving straight through. Due to fatigue we decided to get a room and spend the night. Let's be honest folks..you get what you pay for! This hotel was the first one (closest) listed on our GPS and for 45 bucks a night it was just fine to shower and sleep. We checked in at 7pm and were up the next morning at 5am and back on the road by 6am. Our room was clean bathroom/shower was okay...we were so tired we didn't really care too much that the bed was not very comfortable.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Raleigh, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

I have stayed at many hotels over the years but this one was the worst by far! There were so many bad things about this hotel I do not know where to start. The carpet was dirty, frayed and had big holes in it. The celling was falling down in two different spots. The chair was also dirty and had a big hole on the cushion. The lamp shade was broken. The bathroom door had a hole in it. The curtains were no longer white, they were now yellow from all the dirt. The blanket had cigarette burns in it. The walls and door were so dirty and scuffed up, I don't think they have ever been painted in the past 10 years. There was no phone in the room and they had sprayed so much air freshener trying to refresh the room, it was actually making my throat hurt. I believe this hotel is really just used as a party place for young people. I would not recommend anybody to bring children or your family to this place. It is a very unsafe environment. I was on the first floor and could hear people in the parking lot yelling and partying and I was not there for more than one hour. I checked in and almost immediately called Motel 6 customer service to complain. I checked out within the hour and had my money refunded. Please do not go to this hotel!!!!!

Room Tip: sleep in your car
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank purplepassion15
Flat Rock, IL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

This is not the place to stay, not even in am emergency. We checked in during the day and things weren't to bad. The first room we were given had not been cleaned, the bed was in disarray and there was used condoms in the trash can. I was given another room and it wasn't much better. TV did not work and they replaced it with another one that did not work. We went to the State Fair and came back and the crowd that was gathered at the front was shady at best. The door to our room wouldn't open and when I went to the front desk, I was met with major attitude and told to calm down. I don't know what they are used to dealing with, but if I can't get into my room and my dog is in there, I'm not happy. I did ask for a smoking room, no ashtray. I don't believe they distinguish between smoking and non smoking. This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in and it took all I had to stay even one night. DO NOT STAY HERE IF YOU VALUE YOUR BELONGINGS. THIS IS CRACKHEAD CENTRAL!!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank TruckerCouple
Wilmington, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

This is the wost hotel I have EVER stayed in. After i checked in i was running late and did not have time to really look the room over so I just put my stuff in and left for my meeting. When I returned later then night and finally saw the room condition I was HORRIFIED!! The room was a non-smoking room as the door stated but the rooms smelled like people had been in there that day smoking. There was even an ash trey on the night stand. Worst of all my luggage and clothing I put in there earlier that day all smelled like my disgusting room. I am going to have to find a way to sanitize my suitcase because in the car on the way home I could smell it from the trunk! The carpet in the room was torn so bad that parts were missing. The bathroom was not properly cleaned and there were stains on the toilet and the bathroom door which had a hole in it. Worst of all when i went to take a shower the tub did not drain properly. It started to immediately fill up with water as soon as I turned on the shower I am going to try to attach pictured of the condition of my room so you can see what I am taking about.

I informed the clerk at check out about my issues and he could not even say he was sorry or apologize about my rooms condition. All I got was a shrug as if to say not my problem. He showed no concern whatsoever.

I would suggest you avoid this place like the PLAGUE!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Scott C
Columbus, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

The only word that I can think of is "seedy." Last night was our first, last, and ONLY night at this hotel-we had made reservations for 3 nights. The 1st room they had us in had no bathroom lights, no wi-fi access, no phone, no fridge. There was an ironing board, but no iron. There were dead bugs all over the window sill. The hide-a-bed had some kind of poop in it, I think mouse. The carpet had not been vacuumed. We complained, got assigned to another room, not any better. 3rd room we got at least had a wi-fi signal. Then we went in search of an icemaker. No ice. We were on the 3rd floor, only ice was in the lobby. We got a nonsmoking room, but the hallways just REEKED of cigarette smoke.

Went for coffee in the morning, but the circuit breaker was out, had to wait @ 15 mins for the desk person to return from smoke break. We checked out this morning, Thanksgiving Day, only to find that they had already charged all three nights to our credit card. They struggled with going through the process of reversing the charges. Another nice gentleman was trying to get refunded for his night's stay. Their room was worse than ours--he showed me pictures --with smoke alarm removed from the wall. They are reporting this to the fire marshall.

So, on Thanksgiving Day, instead of spending time with our family, we loaded everything back into the car (praying to God that we didn't bring any bedbugs with us) in search of another place to stay.

Room Tip: Sleep in your car, but not in the parking lot, unless you want to be a crime victim.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Yauco, Puerto Rico
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

Rooms smells pure cigarates even we requested a non smoking room. No refrigerator. I requested extra pillows at check in, in or about 3pm and have to come to the front desk 4 times to request or beg on it. It was delivered to my room about 10pm. No hangers for clothes

Room Tip: Check the rooms before register
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Justino1022
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2012

I Only Stayed For One Night . It Was The Most Uncomfortable Night ,I Have Ever Had Staying In a Hotel Room . I Don't Recommended This Hotel For Anyone . I Told The Attendant About My Stay And They Stated That The Room Was Dirty Because It Was a Handicap Room . I Told The Attendant That All Rooms Should Be Clean. ( MY SON IS IN A WHEELCHAIR SO WE REQUIRED A ROOM FOR THE DISABLED ). This is the worst place to stay in the world .

Room Tip: They don't clean the disabled rooms . I don't recommend this to anyone
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family