“Great Stay !!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #36 of 84 Hotels in Raleigh
Virginia Beach, United States
“Great Stay !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

This was a really great stay. The only issue that I had was that I had to call the front desk twice to get an ironing board. Other than that this was trully a great hotel. One of the best experiences I have had....and I travel alot and stay at many hotels.. I will definitely be back here.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

Stayed here for one night this past weekend while my family and i were visiting Raleigh. The lobby area looks decent and at first glance, the rooms look ok too. After getting in the room for a couple hours, I noticed the ware on the furniture, and in the bathroom. The door frame in the bathroom was really rusted. The bathroom door looked like it had some Coffee splashed on it, and never cleaned. The rugs could use a good cleaning and the beds were a bit uncomfortable. The beds in the bedroom appear to only be doubles. Most hotels i have stayed in more recently have had two queens rather than two doubles. the space in the room was pretty good, with a great work station in the living room. The hotel offers you two free drinks a night per adult in the room which was nice. I really enjoyed the hot breakfast in the morning. Everything from fruit, cereal, eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, yogurt and breads on the buffet, or you could have a made to order breakfast made at the grill. All of the food was solid. The eggs tasted better than at most hotels that offer free hot breakfasts.

The locaation is really nice, near the Crabtree mall and one exit from the North Hills mall. Lots of good shopping and dining between those two locations. The staff was very nice and polite at this hotel. I would not say i would never stay at this hotel again, but there are a few others that would be my first options.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
hampton va, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014

Great accomendations how ever evening reception that I am accustomed to with this hotel chain is far less than adequate. You are only allowed 2. If this is an amenity you enjoy about this stay some place else and catch the hotels or local pubs happy hour

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014

While traveling for business I stay at the Embassy Suites Crabtree. The hotel itself is nice but maybe a little outdated but the service from the staff is exceptional. Silvana who works at the front desk and drives the shuttle is absolutely wonderful. Even after a long day at the office she can make you laugh with a wonderful story and is always willing to assist. She makes being away from home not so bad.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at many Embassy Suites in a few different areas. I chose this particular property because it was close to where I needed to be. Check in was fairly quick. I advised the front desk staff that I had another guest who would be arriving later and needed a key left at the front desk. She took his name without a problem and told me all he needed to do was show ID and he was good to go. When he arrived the night time desk staff had "no record" of me asking that a key be left for him. He said there were a few keys on the counter but she didn't even bother to look. I am glad that I was still awake and able to let him in the room.

I also "checked in" on yelp for free WiFi. The offer said to show it to front desk staff. I walked back downstairs and showed it to the first available attendant. He told me he didn't need to see it, just go online and enter it in. OK fine. I went back upstairs and what do I need to log on? A WiFi code. (Didn't I just walk downstairs for that). I called downstairs and spoke to a lady and she gave me the code over the phone.

We attended the free manager's reception and by the time we got to the front of the line, the bartended was out of almost everything. We just headed to the bar. The bartender was AMAZING!!! I asked him to "make me something fruity" and it tasted so good. He even let meborrow his cork screw as long as iI promised to bring it back . The food from the restaurant was good. Pricey (which I already knew) but good.

The breakfast was good. Made to order omelets and pancakes. They also offer bacon and sausage at the omelet station if you want something "fresh off the grill". I experienced a short wait when I first went but that was fine with me. The cooks were freindky. The buffet area was steadily attended to. There was a staff member waiting to replenish food.

My only real complaint was the preteens that were running rampant through the hotel. I watched them run through the dining/breakfast area. They messed with the drink machines. I watched them go up and down the elevators. No parents in sight. I know this is more of a parental supervision problem.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay and will stay again if I am back in that area.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
chriscramarossa, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Crabtree, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I appologize for the confusion with the room key and internet code. I will share your comments at our next staff meeting and make sure I recognize the employees mentioned.

We hope to see you again soon!

Chris Cramarossa

Cary, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

My husband and I chose the Embassy in Raleigh as our couples mini getaway. The hotel itself was clean and the bed was wonderful. However, we have stayed at many Embassy Hotels throughout the US and was shocked at the mediocre evening reception that was given, one drink per guest and snack mix for an appetizer. The complimentary breakfast was bland. If you don't mind a 20 min. drive into RTP, then I would recommend the Embassy Hotel in Cary, NC. Much better.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank LaTanya H
Pelham, Alabama
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

First, if you are going to the Embassy for the amenities don't go to this property. Due to the ABC regulations they are not allow to give you more than 2 drinks during the managers reception. The hotel is old and new carpet is needed. The gym is very old and dirty, the equipment is old and needs to be replace. They only have one cook during breakfast and the lines are long.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business