“Done with Embassy Suites. Never again.”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Crabtree
Ranked #26 of 87 Hotels in Raleigh
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Not worth the $130 price tag at all. Housekeeping stinks and forgets to replenish the coffee and creamer. Carpet has worn out spots all over the hotel and has dark stains and appears to have NEVER been cleaned. The décor has never been updated. Whoever is rating this motel at 4 stars must not travel very much because this place is a DUMP. The ONLY elevator is slow so be prepared to wait 10 minutes to catch a ride. The hot tub does not work - luke warm and the jets don't spray. They overbill my credit card. When I called about my reservation they could not find it so I thought I was calling the wrong Embassy Suites but I was not, and had to call them again and again and they still took 10 minutes just to confirm my reservation. The windows are dirty, so if you stay here plan on looking out the window through a heavy film of dirt with a view of the dumpster. There is a drip drip drip drip drip sound within the wall of the bathroom. The hotel is designed with large room windows facing into the atrium which creates echoes throughout the hotel and into your room with kids screaming and people getting liquored on the free drink coupons. I had to call the front desk due to people yelling at each other in front of that big window at 12: AM. Who thought this was a good design idea? No peace and quite in your room. I went to the restaurant at 7pm and stood at the hostess stand for 10 minutes and never saw a single employee so I left and had a candy bar for dinner. The low self esteem self hating despise my job and life front desk staff apparently thinks it's funny to play games and be rude with the guests. Be prepared to wait in line for a cup of coffee. Also when the coffee runs out at 9:30 AM and you notify the front desk, they say and do absolutely nothing. The television only has about 10 channels and with fuzzy poor picture quality from some cheap Chinese TV I have never heard of and you have to keep pushing the buttons on the remote over and over again to make it work. Never again. Embassy Suites is a total rip off.

11  Thank Andrew J
chriscramarossa, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Crabtree, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

We’re sorry we didn’t provide the high quality of services you deserve and expected. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we have addressed the issues you mentioned. We try to make each guest experience a great one at our hotel and your satisfaction is important to us.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you’ll give us another opportunity soon to make your stay the best it can be. If there is anything we can do for you, please let us know.

Chris Cramarossa

Reviewed August 21, 2013

One of the best, if not the best hotels we've stay in thus far. Everything was outstanding with the exception of the elevator, it could have been a little faster. But, it was acceptable. I recommend this hotel and will be staying again on my next visit.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Outstanding facilities and staff. Breakfast was great. What more can I say. If you want a place that makes you feel at home away from home, this is the place. Very pleasant and helpful staff. My wife was shuttled to Crabtree Valley Shopping Mall and when she was ready to return, she was picked up in a timely manner.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

The hotel was extremely busy on the night I arrived, which you could not tell as the staff were very prompt and courteous upon reception. I arrive late at was checked in and sleeping within 10-15 minutes.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

My husband and I traveled here from Baltimore for our 1st anniversary just to get away for a few days. From check in to check out our experiences were quiet pleasant. Checked in and had just made it in time to receive our complimentary drinks which started our first evening well. Our room was cozy and we took morning naps each day after the early breakfast! The best Rest and Relaxation ever! The female chef was amazing at her craft, I marveled at how swift she was at the made order items and it ALL tasted great! He and I got what we were looking for and we usually had the pool to ourselves (24 hours) with the occasional 1 or 2 other guest that came and went. It was a perfect! One of my favorite parts about this hotel would have to have been the Atrium. It's HUGE! We loved having our drinks and breakfast by our "favorite spot". The plants, ponds and little waterfalls were very peaceful and the sounds were great to wake up to in the morning. Joan was at the front desk and she had a very lovely and pleasant demeanor and was very helpful during our stay. We will no doubt be back to this location in the future! We stayed for 5 great nights!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2013

The Staff at this Embassy Suites is one of the most courteous I have encountered. The facilities are a little older as this Embassy has been at this location for some time, however the hotel is very well maintained. I would highly recommend using this location for business or personal travel.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

A short overnight at the Embassy Suites, but the hotel met my expectations for comfort. Very close to shopping and downtown. I wold recommend this hotel for business, individual and family travel. The hotel was clean and quiet - even though there were cheerleaders staying overnight.