First, the are. This hotel is across the street from the Crabtree Valley Mall. That being said, we had a fairly difficult time finding a family style place for dinner. however, we were looking at 5pm on a weekday. The traffic is horrendous here, so keep that in mind.
HOTEL: This is an older Embassy Suites property with the "garden", multiple level lobby anf the open atrium. Check-in was fast, and we'd been upgraded to a corner room on the eighth floor (out of nine).
ROOM: Great corner room. I have no idea if it was larger than a typical room, although I doubt it. I wouldnt necessarily pay for this upgrade, since the living area was cut short (the corner). It made the sleeper sofa cover the space from the wall to the TV.
We were in room 832, a typical two room Embassy suite with a very comfortable king size bed, sleeper sofa, large table and a corner window that looked out over the mall and Greenwood Ave.
This is a good room for families, in that there is a bath in the hall between the bedroom and living area, but the bedroom has a separate sink/vanity (note to management, if you are going to have a sink with towels, you may want to install a towel bar and tile below the sink. We put our wet face towels on the sink, but I'm sure there was drippage on the carpet below. I can see that being a problem.
Internet in the room was fast! It's an AT&T hotspot, and I was able to stream netflix with no issue.
LOBBY/ BREAKFAST: I always love cooked to order breakfast at Embassy, and this was no exception.
The breakfast cook was amazing! She handled my four person order of various pancake, sausage or bacon, scrambled or omlet orders like a champ. All eggs and pancakes cooked to order in front of me. My kids said her pancakes were better than mine (which, off course, just ain't true).
There was fresh fruit, juice, coffee breads, etc. available. The main problem with breakfast is the set up. you couldnt get anything hot without standing in an awfully long line that snaked through the lobby (did I mention the ONE cook?). My wife only wanted pancakes and bacon and had to wait 15 minutes in line. Most other Embassy suites have the pancakes, potatoes, bacon and such at another station so you can get to it. This system is un-necessarily bottle-necked.
Other reviews have mentioned the slow elevators. Well, I can go one better. One of the two VERY slow elevators broke as soon as we got off it at our floor.
POOL: Good pool area in lobby next to elevators. Lots of fluffy pool towels and two separate fitness rooms at either end of the pool.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Embassy Suites Raleigh-Crabtree hotel in Raleigh, North Carolina, sits across from Crabtree Valley Mall. Our all-suite hotel is ten miles from Raleigh-Durham Airport, less than five miles from Downtown Raleigh and only minutes from local universities. Our hotel is convenient to the PNC Arena, Time Warner Cable Music Pavilion at Walnut Creek, and RTP. Reserve a one- or two-bedroom modern, spacious, suite featuring a separate living room with sofa bed. Wake up to a complimentary breakfast and relax each evening with our nightly Managers Reception. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Crabtree reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Raleigh - Crabtree Hotel Raleigh
- Embassy Suites Hotel Raleigh
- Raleigh Embassy Suites