“Good value; clean; quiet; comfortable...”
Review of Super 8 Raleigh

Super 8 Raleigh
Ranked #57 of 86 Hotels in Raleigh
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Good value; clean; quiet; comfortable...everything you would expect and want for a budget motel...no complaints...very satisfied. (Wi-Fi worked fine.) My wife and I stayed on first floor...very convenient close parking.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Super 8 Raleigh

Reviewed July 19, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 29, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Super 8 sometimes says it all....not very good.
But this was a super stay at a very clean and reasonable hotel.
Pet friendly and there wasn't a stupid charge for the pet.
Would stay here again with no problem.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 11, 2013

My parents stayed at this hotel a year ago and were satisfied with it for the price that they had paid for it. So when we had a family get together this year, my mom & I decided to book it again for the one night we needed it for. This time around, it was a horrible experience. We checked in around 4 PM but never put our bags in the room as we had plans to be somewhere else. When we finally got into our room around 10 PM, we noticed that the bedding was very nice looking. We put our bags down and noticed that there were cigarette burns on the bedding and a roach crawling across the bedspread. I promptly killed it and went to the front desk to tell them we wanted our money back and wanted to check out.

The lady at the front desk told me that she can only refund us if we had checked in half an hour ago. In the meantime, my mom comes out of the room and tells me that there is a tree frog hopping across our room. She tried to shoo it out but it escaped under the air conditioner. The front desk clerk tells me the best she can do is put me in another room. She apologizes and says that the cleaning staff has to keep the door open while they clean but she assures me there will be no tree frogs in the next room (I noticed she didn't assure me there would be no cockroaches...). The new room is older and has more cigarette burns. The bathroom has no vent so it gets very foggy and muggy. Additionally, when taking a shower, you freeze waiting for the water to warm up, then you scald yourself waiting for it to cool back off.

On top of everything else, the other people staying at the hotel gave us the creeps.

Will NEVER stay here again. Lesson learned--always check over your hotel room upon checking in.

Room Tip: Check it over immediately after checking in for roaches and tree frogs.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 10, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 4, 2013

This motel served my purpose, it was clean, quiet and located right were I needed to be. Good breakfast items selection, coffee was great. Great friendly staff, very helpful. It was a very nice stay, no complains. Great value for the price I paid. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business