“Horrible”

Americas Best Value Inn-North Capital
Ranked #72 of 87 Hotels in Raleigh
Reviewed August 24, 2006

We stayed hear with our three children. We asked for non smoking because I have asthma. The first thing I smell was smoke. I asked for another room this did'nt have smoke but streamers from a party. and a electrical socket exsposed. So i showed it to them and got another room. This one was not cleaned good I told the children not to let there feet hit the floor. Beware of this crusty no tell motel. I will not chose Days Inn again.

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk

A TripAdvisor Member
Virginia
Reviewed May 30, 2005

I checked in here with a discount sent to me after I complained to the corporate offices about another visit to Days Inn. I feel like an idiot for giving Days Inn another chance.

This was absolutely the worst stay I've had at a hotel or motel anywhere, and I've traveled all over the world, stayed in expensive hotels and very minimal hostels. Never have I been treated with such rank contempt as the people who run this place. There is a long story here, but basically, I feel I was treated in an extremely dishonest way, and feel cheated out of my money.

The situation became even more strange, more bizarre when I got home and called Days Inn "Guest Relations." It turns out that there really is no such thing. "Guest Relations" merely faxes back your complaint to the offending Days Inn, which does you no good at all. I had already been extremely mistreated by this management, so why would I expect anything different?

As for the accomodations, they are your basic budget. Drab, passably clean, but I was just trying to pay for some place safe for my kids to sleep. Next time, I won't try to save money; apparently with "budget" you can't really expect "safe," and just because Days Inn is a chain, doesn't mean there is any corporate accountability if the individual location does you wrong. I will be wiser next time, and never, ever do business again with Days Inn.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member