“Basic hotel, helpful staff, no complaints”

Days Inn Raleigh Beltline
Ranked #59 of 86 Hotels in Raleigh
Albany, NY
“Basic hotel, helpful staff, no complaints”
Reviewed August 28, 2009

We were in Raleigh for the night visiting family and needed a place to stay on a budget for one night. This Days Inn suited our needs nicely.

Again, it's a "no frills" kind of place, but you're not paying for frills and we only needed one night. The rooms were clean and of average size. It's a 2-story hotel with exterior corridors and a parking lot in front of the rooms. The street out front is busy but well-buffered by bushes, trees, and the hotel offices. There is a Denny's on the other side of the parking lot.

When we checked in the staff was very friendly and polite, but when we walked into the first room they gave us we were overwhelmed by a strong chemical odor. After about 2 minutes we decided we needed to move and I walked back to the front desk. They explained that some of the rooms had new bathtubs and surrounds put in and that the smell was likely the industrial-strength glue they used. No matter, the desk clerk promptly assigned us to another room w/ no hassle whatsoever and he apologized for the inconvenience. Very good customer service, and at least you know they're maintaining and upgrading their rooms!

We slept and showered just fine and were on our way the next morning. Even the parking lot outside didn't really get very noisy. I paid $68 for this room, which is fair to low for the area. It's a good deal at a very adequate hotel if you're only looking for a night or two, or if you don't really expect a ton of "extras" for a longer stay.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
pluman
Reviewed August 19, 2009

This motel would be ok if only the room didn't smell like they spilled 10 bottles of shampoo. One would think that shampoo smells nice, but when there is too much of it, it feels like a gas attack. Otherwise it's exactly what you would get for $50 -- old building, old beds, old tv, room in need of panting and recarpeting.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
VA
Reviewed July 26, 2009

This hotel is typical for the price you pay. Not too clean, not too dirty, and it was actually starting to grow on me, until I discovered I had dried off with a towel that had a used bandage stuck to it. Yuck! Gross! If you're low on cash, this place would do in a pinch, I suppose, just inspect your towels first. Breakfast wasn't very good, counters were dirty, selection poor, and cereal stale! Staff was friendly, location is good, the pool was nice, and it seemed safe.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Kutztown, Pennsylvania
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,890 helpful votes
Reviewed April 30, 2009

This was a nice find in Raleigh-we stayed after reading positive reviews in Trip Advisor and were not disappointed. The location is good in that it is easy to get into downtown Raleigh, as well as getting to Durham and Chapel Hill because it it right off the Interstate.
Because it is at the intersection of two busy roads, we asked for and got a first floor room in the rear, away from the two roads which was very quiet.

The motel is somewhat hidden behind other buildings and a Denny's restaurant and somewhat tricky to get to off Wake Forest Road. All of the staff we encountered were extremely helpful and pleasant, The room had a comfortable king sized bed, with 5 farily good pillows. There was also a microwave and mini frig.

The breakfast was average, wtih no hot items. There was cereal, juice, fruit, muffins, doughnuts. very good bagels, toast, coffee and tea. There are 2 computers in the lobby for internet use.

This is not the Ritz, but it is a well run, pleasant, relatively inexpensive motel where we enjoyed our 3 night stay.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Macomb, Michigan
Reviewed April 30, 2009

Touing state capitals and this hotel is the closest. A few blocks walk to the state capital and the downtown area, museums. Clean rooms. Free internet/computer access and a nice breakfast. I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed February 19, 2009

Great, clean hotel in a handy area. The rooms are well kept, good free internet and the price is unbeatable. Very happy with this Days Inn and love staying here whenever I am in Raleigh. Highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
Jamaica
Reviewed January 4, 2009

Needing to catch an early morning flight at Raleigh-Durham airport, we decided to overnight in Raleigh at the Days Inn Hotel. The price was cheap, only about $52 including tax and it included breakfast. Furthrmore, it was three of us, and the room was perfect for our needs. The rooms do open to the outside, but the beautiful thing is that we could back the car up right to the door which sure beat hauling around heavy bags!.

There were two double beds as requested, and the hotel also honoured our request to get a room away from the I440 which can be noisy as was indicated in another review on this trip advisor site. The room also included a microwave and fridge and was well kept. The bathroom was very clean with ample supply of towels and rags.

The room too was overall clean, and, my sister walked around in her white socks and I am happy to say that the socks were non the worse for the wear. I woke the next morning not having received any bed bug bites, and had not seen any cockroaches or creepy crawlies. I do not know about the condition of all the rooms but I stayed on the C block in room 160. We were told however that the hotel had undergone some refurbishment.

The staff was friendly and helpful even lending my sis a scissors for use and even entrusted us to carry the scissors to our room and return it later in the night. If you want to overnight in the area this is as good a bet for the money as it comes. Getting there for us was also a breeze as we used the GPS, but once you get on the I440 North and you get to exit 10, get off at that exit, turn left at the lights (you should see Days Inn on your left), then take the next left at the next set of light. You then turn in the first left parking lot area and drive down as Days Inn is at the end.

As I write this review I am staying at a hotel property twice the price and not nearly as well kept as the Days Inn, check it out for yourself, they have made a convert of me and I am going to start saving myself some money when I travel by checking out some cheaper overlooked hotel. I am glad to say that previous reviews helped me make my decision so leave a review when you are done, it helps other make an informed decision.

• Liked — Prie and cleanliness
  • Disliked — Doors open on the outside
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)