“Pleasantly Surprised...Good Quality Hotel”

Days Inn Raleigh Beltline
Ranked #59 of 86 Hotels in Raleigh
Jamaica
“Pleasantly Surprised...Good Quality Hotel”
Reviewed January 4, 2009

Needing to catch an early morning flight at Raleigh-Durham airport, we decided to overnight in Raleigh at the Days Inn Hotel. The price was cheap, only about $52 including tax and it included breakfast. Furthrmore, it was three of us, and the room was perfect for our needs. The rooms do open to the outside, but the beautiful thing is that we could back the car up right to the door which sure beat hauling around heavy bags!.

There were two double beds as requested, and the hotel also honoured our request to get a room away from the I440 which can be noisy as was indicated in another review on this trip advisor site. The room also included a microwave and fridge and was well kept. The bathroom was very clean with ample supply of towels and rags.

The room too was overall clean, and, my sister walked around in her white socks and I am happy to say that the socks were non the worse for the wear. I woke the next morning not having received any bed bug bites, and had not seen any cockroaches or creepy crawlies. I do not know about the condition of all the rooms but I stayed on the C block in room 160. We were told however that the hotel had undergone some refurbishment.

The staff was friendly and helpful even lending my sis a scissors for use and even entrusted us to carry the scissors to our room and return it later in the night. If you want to overnight in the area this is as good a bet for the money as it comes. Getting there for us was also a breeze as we used the GPS, but once you get on the I440 North and you get to exit 10, get off at that exit, turn left at the lights (you should see Days Inn on your left), then take the next left at the next set of light. You then turn in the first left parking lot area and drive down as Days Inn is at the end.

As I write this review I am staying at a hotel property twice the price and not nearly as well kept as the Days Inn, check it out for yourself, they have made a convert of me and I am going to start saving myself some money when I travel by checking out some cheaper overlooked hotel. I am glad to say that previous reviews helped me make my decision so leave a review when you are done, it helps other make an informed decision.

• Liked — Prie and cleanliness
  • Disliked — Doors open on the outside
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
South Carolina
Reviewed November 9, 2008

pictures looked a lot better than hotel- had a king size bed- room was very small- in the middle of the night hear things dropping and running not sure what was going on- front desk person KAren was very nice- she gave great directions for places and was very nice to customers- don't expect much from hotel - it's ok- price is ok - location is ok if you dont miss the turn and have to circle around for 20 minutes- we started out at a super 8- it was nasty - again pictures on line looked good - but awful - move to this hotel for location and 5 starburst rating - have no idea how they rate their hotels - it was ok but not great-

• Stayed November 2008, traveled with friends
Boone,NC
Reviewed September 23, 2008

My daughter and I stayed overnight and had a lovely room. It was very clean and the staff was very friendly. We were extremely pleased with our stay. We would definitely recommend this Days Inn especially at such good rates.

• Liked — Nice clean rooms
  • Disliked — No complaints.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed September 21, 2008

Stayed for four nights here. During my online reservation, I asked for a quiet room. I was placed in a room right by the highway! I periodically heard thumping stereos and loud motorcycles. Save yourself some aggravation, get a room in the back of the property and away from the beltline! Rooms were very quiet for room to room noise. The room was small but clean. The room had a comfortable bed with OK linens that seemed fairly new, although they used a top sheet for a bottom sheet. (I hate that). All rooms here have a small fridge with freezer and a microwave. Decent sized bathroom with a curved shower bar. I didn't like the bath towels though as they seemed extra small and extra scratchy. Property was very clean. Room was very clean. Denny's next door was very convenient. This hotel was right by the beltline and wake forest road. The belt-line takes you around the city and Wake Forest road takes you into downtown Raleigh within 15 minutes or so. Great location! Staff could have been friendlier though. They were competent, but not very enthusiastic 'bout it. If you want a fairly ceap place to sleep, you won't go wrong here.

• Liked — Smallish room, Green pool, Unfriendly staff.
  • Disliked — Free WiFi, Clean room, Comfy bed, Great Location
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
Clearwater, Fl.
Reviewed April 22, 2008

This is one of the cleanest places in Raleigh. Here the rooms were clean and the toilets were clean as well. The staff were constantly trying to make improvements. It does need a painter who knows his colors, I usually stay in a more expensive place simply because I like it clean and neat. This place meets that nee at a much reasonable price.

Stayed November 2007
OH
Reviewed September 19, 2007

I normally would not write reviews, but enough is enough!! I tried to give the benefit of doubt, this was my 3rd stay this year as the price is okay and free long distance (read further below regarding their phone). Well first of all, due to time constraints and I had to get my 2 toddlers a real meal to eat after traveling for 6 hours (and arrived to the hotel around 6pm), I had not notice much about the bathroom at first. But did notice that there was only one trash can in the room (sitting on top of a nasty dirty safe) that once you put 2 medium size items in (okay, 2 pampers), the trash can could hold no more. Went to the office on my way out and reported this - but why did I waste my time. The clerk said we only have one trash can, here's a trash bag (which I requested 2) and that housekeeping was gone for the day. Geez!! Now later we get back to the room and notice that the tub looks dirty as all out, but after close view, the tub interior was chipping away and looked like a bad ring around the tub. I was too exhausted by this time. The next day I had events with family and really wanted to leave this dump, but since I had one more night, I decided to forego and decided never on my next visit will I stay here. Oh, did I forget to mention that the phone did not work, not even when you dialed the front desk. I am reading all sorts of bad reviews with some of Raleigh's hotels --- and maybe some are false, but I bet 80% are true for some. Are there any decent, affordable hotels in the Raleigh Wakefield area??? One thing I can say about the outside surrounding area of this particular Days Inn near Beltline 440, is they strive to keep the parking area clean and there's a Denny very close. Why not strive to keep the rooms clean as well??

• Liked — Close location to family
  • Disliked — Room service, dirty
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
Tennessee
Reviewed April 16, 2007

The hotel was clean, the guy at the front desk was very kind and helpful, we had a fridge and microwave in our room and we were able to check for weather conditions and directions to our event online as there were two computers in the front lobby. Breakfast wasn't impressive - just breads - but there's a Denny's right across the parking lot.

• Liked — clean, internet access, friendly staff
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family