“Great place to stay”

Courtyard Raleigh Crabtree Valley
Ranked #44 of 87 Hotels in Raleigh
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We stayed here while visiting family and the hotel was quite comfortable. The room was clean, bed comfortable, and room had all the modern amenities. Check in was fast and the staff was pleasant and accommodating. The location was excellent being near major shopping and the belt-line. Only complaint was the restaurant-area near the front desk. Every morning, the odors from cooking breakfast would linger in the hallway and lobby area. Management is aware of this issue and we were told it will be addressed in the future with new ventilation system.

Room Tip: This hotel hosts sports teams so check before booking.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed February 24, 2013

While I found the room to be updated, (which in today's rooms means a flat screen and nice pillows with a tiled bathroom & shower) the hospitality and friendliness of the staff was not very welcoming, The so called bar/food counter was a bit of a joke, saw girls playing cards and eating Ice Cream get booted out while others ate pizza that they had brought in. Witnessed a girls sports team get kick out of the area for sitting around the "Zen Garden" table with stools, these girls were not bothering anyone. I was quoted one price then charged a higher rate on my card and when I questioned the front desk they said Oh that rate was a Mistake and you will have to pay the higher rate. Plus not to mention this Hotel is hard to find even with directions, I will need to be desparate to stay here again. The potential is there but the arrogant bossy staff needs to rethink their approach to their clients.

Room Tip: There are quite a few hotels in the area, check around first.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank beach_fans801
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My family and I came to the hotel for a band competition for the weekend. We were very comfortable during our stay with what seems to have been a recent renovation. The hotel was quiet, very clean, and the service was great. The staff knew the area well and were able to help us navigate the city and suggest areas of interest. The
breakfast bar the next day offered something for everyone.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 24, 2012

I was booked for one night, when I reached the reception, I was told that the hotel is overbooked and I have to go over to a cheaper hotel, however Marriott will foot the bill. I graciously accepted. It would have been an ok experience except that I was stuck with a $100 charge to my credit card which I had to pay. Dr. FMK.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 15, 2012

My sister and I spent 4 days here attending a family party. The look is updated, stylish, welcoming and comfortable. Every service person was friendly and responsive. Housekeeping was flexible and polished. We especially liked the food service - no bland boring free breakfast. Instead a lovely cafe with a Starbucks bar, wine and nice food. Also a snack room with great choices of wine, even a split of champagne - and lots of other beverages plus a full range of snacks. AND coffee service all morning plus hot and cold water all day. Very accommodating! And, all the restaurants and shops of crabtree mall are a short walk away - and you can work it all off on a nearby walking path. We would have preferred not to have the 2 large screen TV's in the otherwise very comfortable lobby/library. But all in all, thank you for a great stay at a great price!

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank annludwig
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Overall this is a nice hotel to stay at but it can be a little hard to find the first time you stay there. It is very close to the Crabtree Mall. My only complaint is, twice they have billed me and the company for the room. The company I was hired to work for made the reservations and covered all charges with their corporate credit card. Twice I was asked for my card when I checked in and twice both the company and I paid for the room - double dipping.

Room Tip: They have a restaurant that serves delicious salmon in the evening after 5:00P. I get it every time...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The area is peppered with Marriott choices but I picked the Courtyard because of the overhaul Marriott seems to be doing to this chain. This Courtyard did not disappoint. Walking in you're welcomed to a renovated lobby area with all that Courtyard is known for and the staff at the front desk were very friendly and welcoming.

The hotel is right next to the highway but the traffic noise is minimal, you'll hear it if you listen for it. Otherwise you'll forget about it, and our room was on the very end closest to the highway. We were very pleased with the comfort of the room, the clean bed and linens and the overall appearance of the hotel.

Our stay was just for two nights, and after the first night we came back to our room and the bed was made, but that's the best compliment I can give. I try to always use the same towels/wash cloths throughout my stay and even after hanging my towel by the sign that said "help us reduce water use by hanging your towels," we were given fresh stuff. This isn't such a big deal really, but why ask guests to help with the environment if the staff is not going to comply with the requests?

We were also not restocked on our coffee. The pot was cleaned, but we were not given more coffee or another cup for it. So when we decided to have a cup of decaf that evening, I gave my wife the coffee cup and I used a glass. This also brought to my attention that the clean glass placed in our room was in an open seal with some sort of black marks all over it. It didn't look very clean at all, and even if it was clean, the unsealed wrapper was enough to prevent me from using it.

These things may sound petty, and on some level I agree...they are. But when you stay at a Marriott you come to expect a certain level of minimum standards, such as replenishing coffee supplies and ensuring water glasses are clean and sealed.

Otherwise, this hotel lived up to our expectations and we slept great, loved the location, and I would not hesitate to stay here again. I'd just be sure to point out the service disappointments to the management/front desk. I didn't this time b/c the amount of time we were actually in our room didn't make it worth the effort. I would just hope that others staying here did not experience sub-par minimum standards from a Marriott facility.

Lastly, the check-in/out process was a snap. in fact, we got our check-out papers under our door and forgot to go to the front desk to officially check-out. Really a nice place...I just get grumpy without coffee.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family