“Good Stay in Raleigh Area”

Courtyard Raleigh Crabtree Valley
Ranked #42 of 86 Hotels in Raleigh
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 12, 2012

This is a basic Courtyard with an excellent bistro type snack bar with a nice outside sitting area. The location is excellent being among a cluster of hotels in area called Summit Point. It is located directly across the street from an upper scale large mall with a multitude of high end chain restaurants.
A really nice full gym located about 2 miles down road and another full size gym health club at a nearby Marriott property an exit away is free of charge. One of the planets best Golf/Tennis outlet store is just down the street with full putting,driving range and even indoor tennis.
This hotel has one elevator that moves impossibly slow. Most thought it was broken but just slow. We were on top 4th floor and ended up using stairs every time but didnt mind. There is a nice outside mini pool and area; it gets completely shaded by 4:00. lobby is nice with a small sitting area. Staff for most part was very nice. If you prefer a bit more upscale try the Marriott on the other side of the mall. This is a good stay at a great location.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank bonsue90
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Raleigh Crabtree Valley

Reviewed May 29, 2012

I booked at this location over the Marriott up the street because of the free wireless and the lower nightly price. I was extremely happy with my choice. On the outside, it looks like an older Courtyard but the landscaping is well done and the pool area is nice and clean.

On the inside, it's been redone. Very sleek and modern. I wanted a room on the first floor and got one down toward the end facing the parking lot. Over the years, I've come to have lower expectations for Courtyard properties and was pleasantly surprised at the modern decor, updated bedding, comfortable sofa with room for my laptop on the arm and a nice tiled shower. It might be that I was exhausted during my two nights there but I slept better than I have in a long time which is a testament to the bedding and lack of noise filtering through to my room.

I appreciated the bottle of water waiting for me. I didn't appreciate the three bottles of hair conditioner in place of shampoo, lotion and conditioner which I discovered when I was in the shower. When I called to get a shampoo, I was told I could come to reception to get one. Not an ideal response. The alarm clock was set 2 hours ahead from actual time and the alarm was set for 6am so it went off at 4am. I know that I should check these things but housekeeping should make sure I don't have to do so.

Will I stay here again? Absolutely. It's within a stone's throw from many excellent restaurants and a nice mall. It's less than 15 minutes from downtown where I took part in an art show and had easy access to and from without having to get on the interstate.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 22, 2012

I already had a good visit last november. I went back again and found some improvement: the food menu is getting better and the service is still great and friendly. A very clean and comfortable hotel located within walking dstance from a Mall. It can be used as a base in Raleigh - their shuttle service is very good.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 16, 2012

This is an older Marriott (been coming here for the past 20 years) that has been remodeled. I was greeted at the front desk by the Elite clerk. very nice. My room was on the Concierge level and close to the lounge and elevator. They moved me further down the hall to a quiet room. At reception they had cold drinks and a nice sample of a sandwich. This was a nice surprise as this hotel was always no frills.

Snacks in the were good quality and the man running the lounge was very nice.

Room is updated and comfortable. Quiet AC...i like that.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for and confirm its a quiet room!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Clearly been remodelled inside. I like the colours. Reminds me of Virgin Atlantic's branding and marketing. Bright colours, nice touches with notepaper themed etc. Rooms a good size. Reception area very practical with places to sit and work and have coffee etc. Only downside is that the building still feels like it needs remodelling, otherwise a practical marriott hotel in line with their new look.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 22, 2012

Stayed overnight one night. The room was extremely clean and the bed very comfortable. The staff (kristen at the front desk) went out of her way to accomodate us. The bistro was great with a wonderful breakfast. The people who worked there were also fantastic. It was a great value for what we had. The street that the hotel was on was alittle difficult to find but other then that, it was great.

Room Tip: The room we had was near the elevator and it was extremely quiet so I think most of the rooms are pr...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 10, 2012

Originally booked at a lesser priced hotel down the street ended up asking for a refund because it was so horrible & ended up here at Marriott aka heaven. Great service, gorgeous CLEAN room well worth every penny! Should have booked here from the get go! Lesson learned! Always staying at Marriots now!

• Stayed: March 2012