“The nicest staff anywhere”

Courtyard Raleigh Midtown
Ranked #26 of 87 Hotels in Raleigh
Reviewed August 4, 2011

We have never stayed at any hotel where everyone from the desk clerk to the man repairing the ice machine spoke welcomed us and asked if we needed anything. The hotel was also extremely clean with very comfortable beds and pillows. It was not as close to the RBC Center as we had hoped but was only about a 10 minute drive. We would definitely stay there again anytime we are in the Raleigh area.

My mother-in-law, who is on a walker, ordered room service and they were extremely helpful and patient and even got ice for her. Also, when we were checking out, they volunteered to send someone to help with her luggage.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
LKlimczy, General Manager at Courtyard Raleigh Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2011

Thank you so much for your feedback and for recognizing our associates for their customer service. I am thankful to have such a long-tenured staff. I have shared your comments with them. We hope you will stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed July 28, 2011

From check-in to check-out, they Courtyard never let me down. At check-in the front desk staff automatically removed the taxes from my bill. This is something I always struggle with, until this trip. (I travel for the Government.) When I went out for dinner the staff helped me find nearby restaurants. At every opportunity they were all very helpful and kind.

The room was spacious and included every amenity you could want, including a fridge, very large flat screen TV, large sofa, coffee maker, hairdryer, and lots of space.

My favorite part of the hotel was the restaurant in the lobby. It's in between (and better than) a buffet style breakfast bar and sit-down restaurant. They offer a great, but small menu. You order at the counter and then they serve you at your table in the lobby. It felt surprisingly upscale and innovative.

My only negative was the location, which was right off the highway but since I didn't have a rental car that didn't matter much to me. It was not in walking distance to much.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed July 27, 2011

I recently stayed at the Courtyard Raleigh Midtown on July 22, 2011 and loved it! It was just as nice as it was two years ago when I stayed before. The comment made by a gentlemen on July 16, 2011 did not give a good report on the hotel stay or room, just about the abandoned car in the parking lot that I did not see. This is a "Great" Courtyard and I highly suggest when you're in Raleigh, North Carolina to stay here. It is close to downtown Raleigh, Crabtree Mall, and any other places you would like to go.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Hawaianfun
Reviewed July 16, 2011

I used to enjoy the convenience and location of this Courtyard until recently. I have stayed here for various trips and functions over the last ten years and recently I have noticed a decline in the quality of the experience at this Courtyard. I have noticed on more than one occasion that there is a partially wrecked vehicle in the parking lot and the last two times staying there I noticed that it did not even have license plate on it. Is the management allowing this hotel to be used for vehicle storage? What kind of message does this send to the business traveler and also to guests visiting the RDU area for the first time? In an area rich in revitalization, I feel that this property is very much on the decline and not indicative of the rest of the area. This is very unfortunate because as I said before, I used to think fondly on my experiences here.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank SupermaninCLT
Reviewed June 1, 2011

We stayed here with 2 young children while husband had a meeting in the hotel. We travel often, and have for years, and this hotel is a standout. We parked a few steps from our room. The room wasn't huge, but it had everything we needed and I liked the slider that opened to a small patio and nicely landscaped pool area. The mattress was very comfortable. The tv was big and worked well. The room and hotel in general was very clean, including the pool, which we used every day. Around the pool was lots of seating (umbrellas would be a nice addition, maybe they put them up later in the year?), and outside the pool enclosure was an even nicer sitting area with tables and upholstered furniture. The hotel is smoke-free with the exception of a nice outside area, and it didn't smell the least bit like smoke, which I really appreciate. The ac worked well, but we left it off with the slider open most of the time. The staff was friendly and helpful. The lobby is really nice, modern and clean looking with lots of windows out to the courtyard and an open office area for guests. One of my favorite things about the hotel was the new restaurant. It's inviting, the menu is great, the staff was really nice, it's quick, and the food we had was very good and reasonably priced. I was happy to see a Trader Joes across the street (and a fridge in the room) because we never eat in hotel restaurants (too slow, too expensive, not great for young kids), but we ate here several times and liked it very much. When I went looking for a coffee in the middle of the afternoon, the restaurant was closed, but a staff member offered to open it and make me one! We loved it and hope to be back.

Room Tip: Loved the 1st floor rooms near the pool gate.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 1, 2011

The tragedy of this Courtyard is that it's actually a good hotel. Really good rooms and a great staff.

The reason I gave it a 1 star is due to a lack of sleep because of the people talking loudly in the hallway.

All night long I would hear their chatter and laughing. These people have the IQs of a coffee pot unfortunately. Do they not realize people are sleeping at 4 am?

I'm convinced that the greatest achievements of mankind will never get accomplished because of these loud, stupid people. I'm helping find a cure for cancer and now an entire day is shot because I couldn't sleep. I know Edison, Ford, and the Wright Brothers never had to deal with this.

Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank NoDumbPeople
Reviewed January 27, 2011

In Raleigh we have never found a hotel we have liked. But finally we found this fabulous courtyard. It is in a great location with plenty of resturants across the street and down the road (try Courtney's for a cheap and delicious lunch). It is a short drive into downtown Raleigh and NC State University. It is perfect for buisness or leisure and the prices are unbeatable for the States Capitol. I came with my parents, and I will recommend it to anyone looking for a buisness or leisure trip!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family