“Clean Comfortable Affordable”

Ranked #39 of 84 Hotels in Raleigh
Port Huron, Michigan
“Clean Comfortable Affordable”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Nicely appointed affordable hotel. Good size, clean, comfortable room and bed. You can't beat the price! Breakfast was was minimal, but comparable to other hotels at this price point. Hotel is within walking distance of restaurants and a large mall.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jptown
ABVICrabtree, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Crabtree Raleigh, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear jptown,

I appreciate the fact that you took the time to share a traveler opinion with us. We take great pride in exceeding the expectations of our guests. We hope that you stay with us again or at another one of our Americas Best Value Inns located across the Country.

Americas Best Value Inn-Raleigh, NC

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Santiago, Chile
Reviewed June 13, 2013

This is a great little motel that is clean and comfortable. The management and owners really made me feel at home, even inviting me for tea and snacks. It was great to see a family owned and run business take such good care of their guests. I could tell the hotel was recently renovated so that is always nice to see. The location was good, next to many shops and the highway for easy access to travel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank punwitme
Dear punwitme,

Thank you for sharing your honest feedback with us. I am glad that you enjoyed our friendly service and nice rooms. Should you ever return to the area, we would love to have you as our guest again!

Chicago
Reviewed June 7, 2013

If you need a hotel in north Raleigh, this place offers great value. It is an older property that has been rehabbed. You get a great mattress, nicely renovated bathroom, new carpet and friendly front desk staff. The free breakfast is identical to that in similar hotels. And, you can't beat the price. You'll be surrounded by far more expensive properties -- but if name doesn't matter to you, and you want a clean, comfortable room for a decent price, give this hotel a try.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank PJaneChicago
Dear PJaneChicago,

On behalf of the staff and management, I would like to personally thank you for sharing a review with us. I am pleased that you enjoyed our clean rooms and friendly service. We hope that you come and visit with us again in the future.

Southaven Ms
Reviewed June 7, 2013

This was our first stay with this hotel chain. My husband and I arrived on May 25,2013, we checked in and was not impressed with the hotel after seeing the room. The room door was hard to open and we were told that the lock had been put on backwards and had not been repaired yet. The room was very simple and looked clean, but we could see that the bed had a big lump in it. We were not walk in's, made reservations in advance ( a day earlier), but was given the last available room and it was not what we expected after reading the reviews. The clerk apologized, said good luck on finding a room and gave us a refund. As a Value club member, not sure if we would try this hotel again. We were thankful to get a room @ Candle Wood Suites Crabtree Raleigh, a much nicer stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
ABVICrabtree, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Crabtree Raleigh, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for the feedback. I am extremely sorry that you were not pleased with what our hotel offered at very affordable price.

You have pointed out two quality issue that will be addressed immediately. I request you to try our hotel and service once more and not judge us based on one stay. As you stated front desk gave you last available room. This was a very busy weekend and unfortunately it had few quality issue.

Give us one more chance.

Teaneck, New Jersey
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed 3 nights to attend a family wedding. Lots of folks stayed in the Marriott up the street, but we wanted a less expensive option and ABVI worked out great! Really convenient location to everything, including a mall with many attractive features, such as restaurants, coffee, spa, hair & nail care, bookstore, etc. Folks at ABVI were lovely. They didn't include decaf in the breakfast menu, but made pots of fresh decaf when they saw us come in for breakfast. That's great service! The facility was clean and neat. Nothing fancy, but we sure appreciated the fridge and microwave in the room, which by the way, was plenty big. The exercise room was small but totally adequate. We took a nice walk along the creek along with other runners, walkers, and cyclists. Price was great, too. If you're trying to save some money, but not sacrifice comfort and location, this is the place! Last note: We made a big mistake in the reservation by accidentally reserving a smoking room, which would have been a disaster for us. The manager gave us a nonsmoking upgrade, with flatscreen TV, for free. Was very gracious and kind.

Room Tip: Go for it! This is a great place for comfort and economy!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Appreciate choosing us vs. some of the expensive hotels next to us. Those are great hotels with lots of amenities. But as you said if travelers are simply looking for comfort and location at affordable price and save money, then our hotel is the place to be in North Raleigh near downtown, close to freeway, PNC arena and state fair ground and famous - Crabtree Valley mall.

We strive for great service and we are blessed with great staff who makes this possible. Looking forward to your next great stay at this hotel.

Walkertown, North Carolina
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We recently stayed here for a visit to Raleigh on an Amtrak train. Hotel was very nice walking into. Rooms were plan jane. Bathroom was very nice and well kept up. Short walk to Mcdonalds and the mall for eating and shopping. Pillows were small. About a $20 taxi to downtown

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Appreciate your time to write a review. Your comment will be very helpful for other fellow travelers.

As you stated our location is very good we are with in 5 miles of all major Raleigh destination and walking distance to Crabtree Valley Mall. Appreciate the room comment - yes rooms are simple, comfortable with very good bathrooms.

Looking forward to your next stay at our great hotel with affordable price.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

I've stayed here a few times and overall it's a good hotel. Their improvements look great besides the minor touch ups. I recently stayed and there's was remote for the t.v. whatsoever. The front desk provided one but we had to leave an I.d. or a $10 deposit. I think rooms need to be fully equipped to begin with before I check in. The rooms located on the outside need improvements to match the rest of the hotel's appearance. The main issue I have is the staff service at the front desk staff at night. I've noticed the more times I've stayed the friendliness has decreased and it makes me not enjoy coming to the hotel. I've walked in and there will be nobody at the front desk and even somebody with head phones in on a device. I've dealt with the same few staff every time I've came in and I don't appreciate the unwelcomeness. I expect more and better. Please improve or consider switching up your front desk night staff. This would be a good choice to stay last minute but due to the staff I try to find something a little better.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Rose_budd92
ABVICrabtree, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Crabtree Raleigh, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Guest Rose_budd92

First of all accept my apology for the issues at the hotel. As a General Manager, I take full responsibility of all issues. Also appreciate your time to write a review.

Remote: Apparently, housekeeper forgot to mention about missing remote to front desk. When you ask for remote, he assumed you are requesting universal remote(which we charge deposit). This was a result of poor room inspection and I will address immediately.

Front desk staff: I have addressed the issues you have mentioned. You will not see headphones any more. The presence at front desk will improve by switching some task timing in the back to later at night.

I like to welcome you to stay next time at our hotel and see the difference.