“Just what we needed!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Americas Best Value Inn Crabtree Raleigh

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Americas Best Value Inn Crabtree Raleigh
Ranked #39 of 84 Hotels in Raleigh
Teaneck, New Jersey
“Just what we needed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed 3 nights to attend a family wedding. Lots of folks stayed in the Marriott up the street, but we wanted a less expensive option and ABVI worked out great! Really convenient location to everything, including a mall with many attractive features, such as restaurants, coffee, spa, hair & nail care, bookstore, etc. Folks at ABVI were lovely. They didn't include decaf in the breakfast menu, but made pots of fresh decaf when they saw us come in for breakfast. That's great service! The facility was clean and neat. Nothing fancy, but we sure appreciated the fridge and microwave in the room, which by the way, was plenty big. The exercise room was small but totally adequate. We took a nice walk along the creek along with other runners, walkers, and cyclists. Price was great, too. If you're trying to save some money, but not sacrifice comfort and location, this is the place! Last note: We made a big mistake in the reservation by accidentally reserving a smoking room, which would have been a disaster for us. The manager gave us a nonsmoking upgrade, with flatscreen TV, for free. Was very gracious and kind.

Room Tip: Go for it! This is a great place for comfort and economy!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ABVICrabtree, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Crabtree Raleigh, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
Dear Guest,
Appreciate choosing us vs. some of the expensive hotels next to us. Those are great hotels with lots of amenities. But as you said if travelers are simply looking for comfort and location at affordable price and save money, then our hotel is the place to be in North Raleigh near downtown, close to freeway, PNC arena and state fair ground and famous - Crabtree Valley mall.

We strive for great service and we are blessed with great staff who makes this possible. Looking forward to your next great stay at this hotel.

Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Walkertown, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

We recently stayed here for a visit to Raleigh on an Amtrak train. Hotel was very nice walking into. Rooms were plan jane. Bathroom was very nice and well kept up. Short walk to Mcdonalds and the mall for eating and shopping. Pillows were small. About a $20 taxi to downtown

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Appreciate your time to write a review. Your comment will be very helpful for other fellow travelers.

As you stated our location is very good we are with in 5 miles of all major Raleigh destination and walking distance to Crabtree Valley Mall. Appreciate the room comment - yes rooms are simple, comfortable with very good bathrooms.

Looking forward to your next stay at our great hotel with affordable price.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

I've stayed here a few times and overall it's a good hotel. Their improvements look great besides the minor touch ups. I recently stayed and there's was remote for the t.v. whatsoever. The front desk provided one but we had to leave an I.d. or a $10 deposit. I think rooms need to be fully equipped to begin with before I check in. The rooms located on the outside need improvements to match the rest of the hotel's appearance. The main issue I have is the staff service at the front desk staff at night. I've noticed the more times I've stayed the friendliness has decreased and it makes me not enjoy coming to the hotel. I've walked in and there will be nobody at the front desk and even somebody with head phones in on a device. I've dealt with the same few staff every time I've came in and I don't appreciate the unwelcomeness. I expect more and better. Please improve or consider switching up your front desk night staff. This would be a good choice to stay last minute but due to the staff I try to find something a little better.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Rose_budd92
ABVICrabtree, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Crabtree Raleigh, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Guest Rose_budd92

First of all accept my apology for the issues at the hotel. As a General Manager, I take full responsibility of all issues. Also appreciate your time to write a review.

Remote: Apparently, housekeeper forgot to mention about missing remote to front desk. When you ask for remote, he assumed you are requesting universal remote(which we charge deposit). This was a result of poor room inspection and I will address immediately.

Front desk staff: I have addressed the issues you have mentioned. You will not see headphones any more. The presence at front desk will improve by switching some task timing in the back to later at night.

I like to welcome you to stay next time at our hotel and see the difference.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

I stayed at this hotel during last year's Christmas holiday season. I didn't have any reservation however the staff there was very courteous and made sure that I get the best room available. Room and bathroom were both in very good shape (to my happy surprise as I didn't expect that!).

Looks like it's run by well educated people. Although I am used to staying at a a bit higher end hotels but this time around I was in a bind and needed a clean hotel to stay at and I was happy to find this place. Looks like it was recently renovated.

Room Tip: Stay at second floor, you will get a better view of the area around.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest JoeWayne

Really appreciate feedback. I am glad we were able to surprise you with value your receive for the price you paid.

Looking forward to your next stay to experience same or better. We will continue to improve ratio of value/price.

Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

I would like to thank the people there at America's Best Value Inn. I had a wonderful stay. I went up to get a job and a place to stay and got both and a great room for a week. I can't ask for much more. The ladies who cleaned up even made my room feel like I was with my girlfriend. Thanks.

Room Tip: Just pick one.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ABVICrabtree, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Crabtree Raleigh, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Guest Patrick K.,

Appreciate your week long stay. On behalf of all of us at Americas Best Value Inn Crabtree - "Congratulations" on finding job and place to stay. We are affordable place for family that are in between two residence - moving, closing on house, looking for new rental place etc.

I will convey the message to all the housekeepers that their quality of cleanliness was greatly appreciated by you. Thank you for your business and your time to write a comment on us. Looking forward to seeing you during your next visit.

Regards
ELIZABETH CITY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

When in Raleigh for several days, I usually stay at a Marriott. However, I only had a 2-hour meeting, and the location was just minutes away from ABVI. I couldn't see paying $129+ to stay overnight for a 2-hour meeting. The staff were all very pleasant. The room was comfortable (though I agree with one comment that the pillows are a bit small). The breakfast buffet looked good to me, though I did not eat any. Coffee, juice, danish, muffins, make-your-own waffles. Similar to a Hampton Inn, it looked like to me. As for traffic -- really? It's Raleigh and right off of Glenwood! Whether you stay at the Hampton Inn, Marriott, La Quinta, or other -- the traffic is the same. I don't think the good folks at ABVI can control that. I will definitely come back. It is an econo-motel, don't expect anything more from it. McDonald's and Crabtree Mall just a walk away.

Room Tip: 3rd floor rooms offer a nice view at night.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest - elcinoca from Elizabeth City
On behalf of management and our staff, I would like to thank you for your business. Along with that greatly appreciate the time you took to write your honest opinion/review.

Value - As you stated, we are a economy/value hotel. There are times that travelers does not need to pay for all the amenities that they are not going to use. That is where our value/service and quality comes in handy. Hotel is fortunate to have friendly staff. This makes our guest's stay much more enjoyable. Appreciate the comment about room comfort, pillows and great breakfast menu. As far as traffic and location goes, well said - "Out of control for hotel staff. "

I will close my response stating - thank your for your commitment to stay here during next trip.

Regards.

Chesapeake, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

Very clean and functional room. The beds were comfortable and the linens were very clean and fresh. Location is exceptionally convenient to shopping, dining, and PNC Arena. Staff was friendly and assisted with finding local attractions. Rates were reasonable and a good value.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ABVICrabtree, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Crabtree Raleigh, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Dear Guest Tim M.,
Greatly appreciate your recent visit to Raleigh and our hotel. We are glad that our hospitality and our rooms made your stay comfortable and relaxing.

Our housekeeping staff is striving for clean rooms and our maintenance staff is striving for all functional items in room.

On behalf of our staff, I appreciate your willingness to share your experience with other travellers.

Thanks you.