“Try the Leah!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #273 of 1,439 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: Cafe, Italian, French
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Description: Sosta Café is an international coffee bar, serving breakfast, lunch and pastries in a trendy decor with world music. Enjoy our hearty sandwiches and refreshing salads - including vegatarian lunch options. We are located in downtown Raleigh, North Carolina.
“Try the Leah!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

I stop by Sosta every morning for an Americano and usually go once to twice a week for lunch. "The Leah" is one of the best sandwiches I have ever had! And the sides are excellent: chickpea salid and couscous. I didn't even think I liked chickpeas and couscous...but these are phenomenal.

The owner is originally from France and hilarious as well. Going to Sosta is just an, overall, great experience.

• Visited February 2013

NC
“Excellent Food and Coffee!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

I visit this coffee shop quite frequently and have never been disappointed. The owner is a very friendly guy and he makes some great coffee drinks. I also enjoy eating lunch here, as his menu is quite friendly to vegans and vegetarians. The Sosta Salad is the best salad in town and for under $9 bucks, you can't make this at home any cheaper. I highly recommend this business if you are in need of good food or tasty coffee.

• Visited October 2012
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great local coffee shop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

Sosta is a hidden gem in downtown Raleigh. The owner provides excellent service and the coffee is fantastic! Lunch options are unique and healthy. Worth the trip!

NC
“The secrets out...great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2012

I love Sosta. The food is freshly made and not the "same old thing". Oddly, my two favorite sandwiches are the beef, carmalized onion and arugula, and the "This little piggy" with the "faux" bbq. And their sides are not throwaways like at many places. They are freshly made hearty salads, often a white bean salad and a couscous salad. A plate of them would be a meal!

And their brownies are the best in town!

• Visited May 2012
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great lunch alternative when you want a decent sandwich”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2011

I drop by Sosta periodically when I'm feeling the itch for one of their delicious sandwiches. I've always heard good things about their coffee, but I haven't experienced their drinks yet, unfortunately.

The sandwich offerings seem to be on the healthier variety. There's not a lot of meat options there, but that doesn't detract me. The flavor combinations are always pleasant, and I enjoy eating the different sides that they are offering for the day. When I eat at Sosta, I feel like I can eat plenty to feel full, but not go into a meat coma and be out of it for the next couple of hours.

Owners/Workers have always been friendly and I enjoy the setup of the restaurant, with the various local art hanging on the walls.

• Visited September 2011