“Excellent steaks”

Firebirds Wood Fired Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 1,483 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Firebirds Wood Fired Grill is located off I-440 in the North Hills Shopping Center. We offer authentic wood-fired steaks, seafood, specialty cocktails and select wines. Join us for Happy Hour Monday thru Friday from 4-6:30PM and Saturday & Sunday 11AM-5PM at the FIREBAR(R) or on the patio. We offer top-notch service and upscale dining at a modest price. Visit us online to learn more.
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Firebirds is a well maintained restaurant that does an excellent job with steaks for a reasonable price. They have a limited but reasonably complete menu that has some good items on it.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Whenever I come into Raleigh I always visit Firebird's. It is convenient to my hotel in North Hills and always has above average food and service. My favorite item I am addicted to is the shrimp and strawberry salad. They have an amazing creamy balsamic dressing on the salad that I have not been able to find the recipe for. I was told on another visit that there was some mayo in it, but it doesn't taste heavy.
Atmosphere is great; lots going on but not too loud and boisterous. Very warm and cozy feel! Already looking forward to going back after today's lunch!

Firebirdsgrill, Guest Relations Manager at Firebirds Wood Fired Grill, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Dear gatorandredraidr,

Thank you for your kind words about Firebirds. I appreciate that you took the time to write about us on Trip Advisor and I'm so happy that you enjoy our Grilled Shrimp and Strawberry Salad.

Looking forward to serving you again the next time that you come to Raleigh!

Becky

Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Went here with mother in law and wife after son's graduation. Ate at the bar so no wait for a table. Wonderful service, beef was perfectly done for all of us. Wine list reasonable and somewhat interesting. All was great. Prices are ok for what you get. Our server was Ana she was great. A fun place for a nice meal. Others all having a nice time around us. The servers are friendly and like what they are doing and it shows. A place to come back to. Coffee was just served and my commented how good it was!!

Firebirdsgrill, Guest Relations Manager at Firebirds Wood Fired Grill, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

vermontresidents,

Thank you so much for writing about your recent experience at Firebirds. It's so nice to hear that you enjoyed our service, steaks, wine and coffee!

Looking forward to serving you the next time that you are in town.

Becky

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Came here for a quick business dinner and had a decent meal. The place itself appears to be a one-off restaurant but is definitely a chain. Good drink list, but we didn't have alcohol.

Our food was good - my salad was definitely drenched with dressing - way too much to be honest. I don't think you can wrong here, but if you are looking for something unique or special this might not be the place.

It is a rather large restaurant with good dividing areas, so having a private conversation is possible, but it got a little loud by the time we finished up.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

went with a friend once and with my husband once, both times the food was just average. both times it appeared to have a nice crowd, so probably a good place to hang out with friends. Would eat here again but just average food, would not be my first choice for a location.

Been to Firebirds Wood Fired Grill? Share your experiences!