“Authentic, Quality and Good Service!”
Review of Azitra Restaurant

Azitra Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Azitra Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #83 of 1,642 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Highway 70 West
Reviewed August 26, 2018

I had the pleasure of hosting a dinner for 17 of my team members on Wednesday August 22nd, 2018. My team is very diverse on almost every level - Vegetarians, Southern style Meat and Potatoes, Foodies, Fast Food Only and even one that eats beans as staple diet. The restaurant delighted everyone in attendance and the service was solid attentive and friendly. Food was diverse with one consistent quality - it was really, really good. Several of my teammates are from India and all agreed that the dishes we had were very authentic and genuine.

I would highly recommend this for anyone wanting to experience authentic Indian cuisine.

One note - for those that may want to bring a large group like I did - they do have a private room. I would have requested and reserved that as we took over the entire middle of the restaurant with our event and I was somewhat self conscious about disrupting other diner's evenings. just a little tip ;)

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed August 6, 2018

Local resident was our guest and she suggested this as one of her favorites.I have eaten Indian food many times visiting India and around the world. This was great selections and wonderful tastes. Plenty of food and take home for our guest. Server needed a little more knowledge and personality!
Bar prices a bit high. Food pricing just fine.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed July 26, 2018 via mobile

We’ve been dining here for over ten years, typically when we don’t want to drive a little further to better restaurants. We go here b/c we live in the neighborhood.

The naans are good. The Gobi Manchurian is good but is really just seasoned with a mix of ketchup and chili powder — not the authentic spices and onions in the real Indo-Chinese dish.

Sometimes they put too much raw garnish in the dals but after we pick them out, the flavor is good.

I think Anitra has one or two sauces. Whether you order chicken or paneer or veggies, chances are it’s all drowned in the same sauce — a thick cream and tomato based sauce with onion, ginger and garlic.

The food here is not the authentic stuff. However, it’s safe and predictable. It’s like Starbuck’s or Chik Fil A — there’s no variation and you can recognize the flavor blindfolded. It might not be gourmet or better quality food, but it doesn’t matter because it tastes ok. And some nights we just don’t want to put forth effort or make a fuss.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 23, 2018 via mobile

Went here for a business dinener, and got the starter which is switched up, based on Indian street food, ous was a mix of spinach and avacado. Very good. They had a nice wine beer selection, we also opted for a flight of whiskey, and again a nice selection. Food was well seasoned and well done. We had a mix of vegetables and a chicken dish. We had espresso and chai to finish and overall a good experience. Service was good, and atmosphere pleasant, with nice cloth table coverings. Outdoor seating available. Prices reasonable.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed June 21, 2018

Its a great restaurant! We were there for lunch yesterday and it was so satisfying to have authentic, delicious north indian food with the perfect spice level, taste and aroma. The service was excellent and the decor is very inviting as well. I definitely recommend this place to anyone who likes spicy indian food.

Date of visit: June 2018