“Great authentic local Indian”
Review of Azitra Restaurant

Azitra Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Azitra Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #85 of 1,609 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Highway 70 West
Reviewed June 23, 2018 via mobile

Went here for a business dinener, and got the starter which is switched up, based on Indian street food, ous was a mix of spinach and avacado. Very good. They had a nice wine beer selection, we also opted for a flight of whiskey, and again a nice selection. Food was well seasoned and well done. We had a mix of vegetables and a chicken dish. We had espresso and chai to finish and overall a good experience. Service was good, and atmosphere pleasant, with nice cloth table coverings. Outdoor seating available. Prices reasonable.

Reviewed June 21, 2018

Its a great restaurant! We were there for lunch yesterday and it was so satisfying to have authentic, delicious north indian food with the perfect spice level, taste and aroma. The service was excellent and the decor is very inviting as well. I definitely recommend this place to anyone who likes spicy indian food.

Reviewed June 9, 2018

I have tried this restaurant a couple of times since I have lived in Brier Creek and I am frankly surprised at the good reviews. The times I have been here the food has been greasy and does not have the creative blending of spices that make Indian food so yummy. Also the servers have treated me rudely and I had to wait a long time before I was even acknowledged even though I was there before several other people who were waited on way before me. And then the portions are very small and not worth the inflated prices. I would suggest not going here. A much better choice is the Kadhai Wok its about 6 miles up Glenwood.

Reviewed May 27, 2018 via mobile

Food is delicious here along with service, decor and ambiance. Price is about average $18 + for a decent meat curry dish and many vegetarian options available.

Reviewed May 18, 2018

What a great place! It's large so you can bring a group with you, has upscale decor, and low lighting. All the usual Indian dishes you find on many menus are there - butter chicken, chicken tikka masala - but there is a whole section of updated versions of Indian food. Contemporary recipes with all the wonderful spices of India. It has specialty cocktails with names like Mumbai Rain and Snake Charmer, Indian and American beers, non-alcoholic drinks, and wine.

The contemporary food section made me want to try one of everything. I finally opted for grouper in a mango cardamom sauce with spinach + naan and rice. Although I would have liked the cardamom to be more nuanced, it was a fantastic dish.

The food came quickly once I ordered. It was quiet in the restaurant, maybe because I was there late on a weekday and it wasn't full, but I suspect it is a restaurant where you could actually have a conversation with your table mates even if it's full.

It's a little tricky to find the restaurant. It's in a part of a large suburban shopping center, and off to the left of one of the main entry ways into the center. But it's worth every minute it takes to locate it. If you are staying over for a night or two near the airport, it will take you only a few minutes to get there. It's a real surprise to find an Indian food restaurant, or any restaurant, this good close to an airport.

Nice work, Azitra! Please come open a branch in Berkeley, CA.