“Food not good and service poor if you are dining alone”
Review of Azitra Restaurant

Azitra Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Azitra Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #83 of 1,641 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Highway 70 West
Reviewed June 9, 2018

I have tried this restaurant a couple of times since I have lived in Brier Creek and I am frankly surprised at the good reviews. The times I have been here the food has been greasy and does not have the creative blending of spices that make Indian food so yummy. Also the servers have treated me rudely and I had to wait a long time before I was even acknowledged even though I was there before several other people who were waited on way before me. And then the portions are very small and not worth the inflated prices. I would suggest not going here. A much better choice is the Kadhai Wok its about 6 miles up Glenwood.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed May 27, 2018 via mobile

Food is delicious here along with service, decor and ambiance. Price is about average $18 + for a decent meat curry dish and many vegetarian options available.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed May 18, 2018

What a great place! It's large so you can bring a group with you, has upscale decor, and low lighting. All the usual Indian dishes you find on many menus are there - butter chicken, chicken tikka masala - but there is a whole section of updated versions of Indian food. Contemporary recipes with all the wonderful spices of India. It has specialty cocktails with names like Mumbai Rain and Snake Charmer, Indian and American beers, non-alcoholic drinks, and wine.

The contemporary food section made me want to try one of everything. I finally opted for grouper in a mango cardamom sauce with spinach + naan and rice. Although I would have liked the cardamom to be more nuanced, it was a fantastic dish.

The food came quickly once I ordered. It was quiet in the restaurant, maybe because I was there late on a weekday and it wasn't full, but I suspect it is a restaurant where you could actually have a conversation with your table mates even if it's full.

It's a little tricky to find the restaurant. It's in a part of a large suburban shopping center, and off to the left of one of the main entry ways into the center. But it's worth every minute it takes to locate it. If you are staying over for a night or two near the airport, it will take you only a few minutes to get there. It's a real surprise to find an Indian food restaurant, or any restaurant, this good close to an airport.

Nice work, Azitra! Please come open a branch in Berkeley, CA.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed May 8, 2018

I am not a big fan of Indian food, but my wife is, so we occasionally look for Indian food. Azitra is really quite good. She ordered the Peppercorn-Curryleaf Chicken and I had the Lamb Kozhambu. Both are southern Indian dishes and were spicey, but not overly so. We split an order of grilled vegetables.

I really liked the atmosphere, the decor, of the restaurant. It was subdued and calming. Another reviewer mentioned a high noise level, but we found Azitra to be quiet.

We will consider Azitra for special occasions in the future.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed April 28, 2018 via mobile

Anitra is pretty authentic and good choice of Indian restaurant around Brier Creek
I had a Palak Paneer and Mutton Biryani and both were fresh and had a lot of flavor
The quality was good but the spice level was a bit too high
Overall the ambience is great and it’s a good place to seat and have a good meal
They do not offer buffet at lunch

Date of visit: April 2018