“Seems like a great place to hang out”
Review of Sub Conscious Subs

Sub Conscious Subs
Ranked #895 of 1,490 Restaurants in Raleigh
Reviewed April 22, 2014

My husband and I went here and got a Philly cheese steak sub, a grilled chicken wrap and cheesecake. The Philly was good, but in my opinion Andy's (Hwy 55) is better. The cheesecake was delicious, and the wrap was veryyy dry. I didn't know I needed to say EXACTLY everything I wanted on it so when asked, "What would you like on it?" I simply said, lettuce tomato and cheese...that, and dry, shredded chicken breast is all I got. Probably would have been a great wrap with ranch or some sort of sauce. I did love the atmosphere. It has kind of a 60s/70s feel. "Seinfeld" was playing on the TV. It has a small, quaint eating area that includes a bar with barstools out looking the road. They also have outdoor picnic tables. Overall, it's a nice place to eat.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Everything these fine folks make is outstanding. They can make any kind of sub, any kind of sandwich, salad, pasta and pizza. The bread is fresh and all meats are freshly sliced (unlike Subway). The service is fast and friendly. They have a nice big screen TV for watching the game. Great place for good food at a reasonable price. Far exceeds any Subway!!

Reviewed June 8, 2013

My wife and I have lived all over the country, and the Sub Conscious Special is the best we've had. It is the *only* thing I miss about Raleigh. If you are unfortunate enough to live in Raleigh, you owe it to yourself to try this place. The dining facilities are meager, but just use take-out.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

These folks are artists of subs and sides. Very reasonable prices, near NC State campus. Very crowded at lunch time, easy to get in in afternoon or evening. Great staff, great spirit.

Reviewed March 19, 2010

Close to the NC State campus, Sub Conscious has excellent subs. I think the bread makes the difference. Outstanding!

Been to Sub Conscious Subs? Share your experiences!