“Haben Sie Wurst? Ja!”
Review of J Betski's

J Betski's
Reserve with OpenTable
J Betski's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 1,502 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: German, Polish
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 21, 2013

We have been travelling to Raleigh quite freqently to work with folks at NC state so we’re getting many opportunities to try new restaurants in the area. This trip we had a chance to try J Betski’s, whose forte is German cuisine, a favorite of mine. While on the smaller side, the inside was quite cozy with great atmosphere. As one might expect, the beer menu as quite good with plenty of offerings covering the broad range of german-style beers. I started with Spaten Optimator, moved on to the Jever pilsner, finishing off with a 20 oz Schneider Weisse. We tried the charcuterie appetizer with several meats and a pate. While the entrée list was inviting, I didn’t see what I wanted, a wurst plate. The waiter was quite accomodating when I created my own plate from the various wursts available in the appetizer selection. Couple that with sauerkraut, potato salad, and I was in heaven. The dessert menu was also pretty adventurous, we tried the Chocolate Torte with sea salt, caramel, and bacon. Add an espresso to top it off and you have meal. Sehr ist Güt! Highly recommended.

2  Thank Curtis S

Reviewed November 18, 2013

A friend and I decided to try this restaurant out for lunch and were pleasantly surprised. We got there as they opened on a Tuesday morning for lunch. We were promptly seated and drink orders taken. Our server asked if it was our first time there. We said yes and she explained different things on the menu. I had two perogies with two different types of kilbasa (fresh and the smoked). I always ask my servers what they would recommend and she had recommended the kilbasa. Great choices! We were able to split the bill with no problem. It was not an expensive lunch ($10 with tip and a glass of water to drink and I tip over 20%). We will be back!

1  Thank Tricia316
Reviewed November 17, 2013

We had a great lunch here for a very reasonable price. The menu is somewhat gourmet with many good choices.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

My compliments to the chef on this place, the pork tenderloin (I don't recall the name of the special breed of pig) was melt-in-your-mouth great, BUT the portion size is rather scimpy. I humbly suggest that I would have glady paid $4-5 more for the entree for a decent size portion, instead of the maybe 4 oz I got. We aren't all 120 lbs and trying to look like Caliste Flockhart! Come on guys, give me more to eat; your prices won't be all that bad if you have to add a few bucks for the extra high-quality meat.

Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

I have been to J. Betski's multiple times over the years and have always had a great experience. The food is German focused but it has broad appeal. I consider it one of the best restaurants in the Triangle.