“Fine German food in an intimate setting”
Review of J Betski's

J Betski's
Reserve with OpenTable
J Betski's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 1,447 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: German, European, Central European, Polish
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Durham, North Carolina
“Fine German food in an intimate setting”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I have finally visited J. Betski's and I'm so glad I did. We started with the perogies as did most of the other tables I surveyed that night. Good choice, too. That night they were with oxtails in one and chicken liver in the other. Both were exquisite. I had the chicken stew from the pub menu and my friend tried the chicken schnitzel from the dinner menu. Both were quite good and I tried my friends cucumber salad which I loved. By far the best part of the meal was sharing the incredible chocolate hazelnut torte with salted caramel over bacon on top. Yep, bacon. Man was it good, and not in a state fair kind of way but in a who would of thought this would really be this good way. But definately for sharing as it is so-very-rich.

Raleigh, NC
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A waiter to come back for!”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Have always loved the food here, but there is a better reason to keep J. Betski's on your radar. No..it's not the great beers or the wonderful salted butter. It's the service! We were luck to have the bartender Henry serve us at our outside table and could not have been happier with his help and his recommendations. Will definately come back for a second helping!

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great dinner with excellent service”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We wanted to sample a variety of dishes so we sat at the bar and had 2 different flavor of perogies, bratwurst, sausage, foie gras bratwurst, excellent sauerkraut with wonderful bread and mustards. Everything was delicious! Our bartender was very attentive and gave us great recommendations on wine and beer.

Hillsborough, North Carolina
“Very enjoyable”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Had been meaning to get over there for a few months. Finally got around to getting reservations and headed over. Great evening! The two top tables inside look pretty close, so we asked to be sat outside, no problem at all. Server showed up and was very pleasant. The beer menu is great, which is something I was looking forward to. The food was really good. I had the Smoked Beef and Pork Kielbasa with Sauerkraut and Spicy Mustard for appetizer, spouse had the Salad of Apples, Walnuts, and Celery with Blue Cheese Crumbles, Whole Grain Mustard and Cranberry Vinaigrette....then we went to the main course. I had the pork schnitzel and spouse had quail. She said the sauce on the quail was a little sweet, but that is was ok overall. Mine was delicious, and needless to say, I was enjoying the beer selection. Ended up really loving the Uerige Sticke Dusseldorfer Alt...very, very good beer and I may go back just to have that!! And the desert was really good as well...the chocolate torte thing topped the night off perfectly. Overall I'd check off all the boxes needed for a good night out. As the other reviewer said, if you are looking for something different, and like German/Polish food.....J Betski's works.

• Visited April 2013
Richmond, Virginia
“Delicious - Even better than expected!”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We ate dinner here earlier this month with two other couples and had the best German food of our lives! Everyone with us felt the same. We made reservations (a must on the week-end) and were greeted by a very friendly and welcoming hostess. The waitress was excellent in describing the specials and helping us decide among the many appealing selections. I started with the oyster appetizer (not known as a German specialty in my book) and they were great! My husband had the most tender pork tenderloin ever - melted in your mouth; I had a lamb strudel which was excellently prepared and the roasted beets on the side of the plate were the best beets I've even eaten! We were too full to have dessert, so did not try that, but will definitely come back here the next time we are traveling to Raleigh.

• Visited April 2013