“Choo Choo!!!!”

Cuisines: Japanese, Seafood
Raleigh
“Choo Choo!!!!”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I absolutely loved the train. It was our first time there and we sat at the bar where of course a train was continuously going around the bar. there were sushi plates on all the little flat beds and the different colored plates were different prices which were listed right in front of you. My husband had the hibachi steak and it was delicious. I of course had the sushi and it was as well. from the server who graciously explained everything, to the food which i must go and have again, we loved the place!!!! oh and for a new years eve it was full but not packed and we were seated immediately.

• Visited December 2012

New Haven, CT
“Sushi at its finest”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

My friend took me and another friend there for a fine dinner in December.
We sat at the sushi bar, which was really fun.
You can watch as the chefs prepare your meal on an elevated platform at the bar.
We had yellowfin tuna sushi, tofu in a warm broth, sea bass for dinner. All excellent.
Service was great.

• Visited December 2012
Raleigh, NC
“Sushi was not fresh!”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

My son and I ordered a California roll and the avocado was brown. This was so disappointing because everything should be fresh! It clearly had been sitting around. My husband and other son had chicken. It was just okay. I'd been there several years back and it was good then. We won't be going back.

• Visited November 2012
Wake Forest, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Authentic, phenomenal sushi. It's more like a work of art for your tastebuds.”
Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

Absolutely love dining here. The sushi is stunning to the eye and a masterpiece to the tastebuds. Any fan will fall in love with the variety and authenticity. I lived in Japan and love this food.
Even the timid, less experienced sushi-ers can sample inexpensive dishes from the electric train running around the sit down bar. Each plate color represents the price...it's easy to get carried away since this is ready as soon as you're seated.
The Hibachi dishes are great and will suffice the less adventurous diners. I love the spicy beef and veggies. Their Bento boxes come stuffed to the brim with a variety of delicious items.
A couple things to take into account:
Service on busy nights may suffer and the waiting area is tiny. Its worth both inconveniences though.
No hot towels. I wish they added this.
Weekdays have half price sushi rolls! Great deal.
It can get pricey if you are looking to stuff yourself. Take your time and enjoy the sushi and let the rice expand to avoid overeating and drinking. $40 for two people can be done.
Highly recommended to everyone!!
Spicy pepper roll
Blackjack roll
Gyoza

OISHI DESU!!!

Wake Forest, North Carolina
“Excellent Shushi”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

This place is small but fun and the sushi is very good. On Tueday and Thursday they offer their shushi rolls for $5 each. The have a neat little train that travels around the sushi bar at night carry various types of sushi that you can pick right off the train! Which means ....NO WAITING!!!! Great place that I highly recommend!

• Visited August 2012