First time today, and we both are convinced that this is our new favorite restaurant, like ever! Went for lunch, and since was Saturday they were actually serving a brunch menu. While we ordered tacos, after seeing a couple of plates of their breakfast-y brunch food go by, both our jaws dropped and we said, yup, coming back later for some of that for sure! Anyway, a bullet point review:
• Steak Tacos - very best ever, and definitely do the steak! Oh so tender, not fatty at all, and ridiculously tasty, super yumster! And soft tortilla grilled to perfectly slightly crispy? Fuhgeddaboudit, how awesome!! And while we typically prefer straight up simple with just carnitas, onion, cilantro, & lime, the addition of the pico and queso was truly a delight. The fresh avacado nicely topped it off...mmm, good.
• Chips & Salsa - Some of 'the' best salsa we've had, and we've had a bunch. Nice, flaky chips that weren't too greasy or too thick, just like we like.
• Margarita - Again, one of the best we've ever had (and yup, we've had a bunch!). And that was just their lowest price, or what I'd typically call the house, called their Aniversario. Can't imagine how good the pricier margs are, but am certain to find out one day. The rest of their bar menu, like their unique food menu, looks decidedly unique, very, very attractive sounding drinks I've just got to try one day. Nearly every ingredient has an extra South American/Mexican/Cuban ring to it, most exotic and enticing sounding.
• Atmosphere - One of the coolest looking places we've ever been to by far. Front patio seating, which we normally prefer but the interior was so very cool, we just had to hang out in there, and glad we did too.
• Service - Impeccable. The young guy who took care of us was one of the best we've had; very polite and professional, knew his menu very well; good, honest, accurate recommendations too. Too bad he said he landed a job somewhere else but, something tells me all of their servers are going to be as top notch as the rest of our experience was. Met who we presume was a co-owner, a gal who said her female cousin started the restaurant. In any event, found her nothing less than a delight to talk to for a few.
We will be back - LOTS!!
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.