“Take Time to come to Raleigh Times!”

The Raleigh Times Bar
Ranked #37 of 1,493 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed March 15, 2014

We had a party of 6, including a 2 1/2 year old. Great place. Casual, so our little one could enjoy the restaurant and beautiful day we had. Fish and chips were excellent with the cilantro tartar sauce. The home made chips appetizer with bleu cheese dip was also great! Good selection of beers, some wine. Good prices. Will return!

Reviewed March 12, 2014

We ate here a couple of weeks ago. I loved it! Loved the atmosphere, the crowd, the food, the beer selection! Our waiter (bryan?) was so much fun and entertaining. Everyone enjoyed their food. My teenager said the fried pickles should be a bigger order :) My burger was incredible. Would definitely come back

Reviewed March 12, 2014

For those of you who haven't heard of one of my favorite downtown Raleigh spots you can find it at 14 East Hargett Street. What is this magnificent spot you ask? The Raleigh Times Bar! Even if you haven't been inside, I am sure you have seen the 100 year old building and the sidewalks that surround it packed on the weekend nights (it's kinda hard to miss). One thing I particularly love about The Times is that you can enjoy their great bar food for lunch and dinner which is great if you aren't one of those crowded, late night bar scene types. I always enjoy going to The Times not only for their food and wide selection of Belgian beers, but to soak in all the history and art that Raleigh Times has to offer. If that's not enough, don't forget their rooftop bar. Although, its a tad bit chilly out its a great place to keep in mind for when spring rolls around! If you're lucky enough to stop in when their Manhattan Clam Chowder is being featured as soup of the day make sure you give it a try because it is to die for! For entrees, I recommend trying their PBR Battered Fish and Chips! Even a fish hater like myself can't deny that their Cod is good, good, good! For those of you who are trying to stay away from the fried foods and grab something a little lighter I would recommend their Wedge Salad topped with Grilled Chicken. Also, both of these entrees are under $10.00! So now you have no excuse not to go!

For more check out my blog: http://raleighfoodpics.blogspot.com/

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Been to Raleigh Times a number of times and always come away happy! Definite favorites are the BBQ pork nachos, the Asian Tuna Salad, and the Cubano, all of which are pretty incredible.
The spinach artichoke dip is also good, but the creamy blue cheese dip is a little overbearing. Add the good food to a great (and rotating) selection of beers, good ambiance, and an rooftop patio, and you've got a great downtown bar!

Reviewed February 28, 2014

I have been going to the Times for years, I have always had a good time. They have good drinks & great food, however their staff and all the other patrons there are the absolute worst. I understand a hipster culture but that lazy relaxed lifestyle should not be mixed with customer service. I have been hassled by patrons for cigarettes while dining outside on their patio and on their sidewalk area. My waitress even asked for one while she was passing our food to us. Its just unacceptable in my opinion to have such a historic venue that has such a popular history to now have such crumby service. Unless you have a beard and want a ridiculously tasting IPA the bartender will take his time recognizing your order.