“Tasty Lunch - Cool Location”

The Raleigh Times Bar
Ranked #48 of 1,476 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 3, 2013

My husband and I attended a convention March 29th - March 31st and stayed just a few blocks from The Raleigh Times Bar. There are two main areas downstairs, a place upstairs and if the weather is nice...so outdoor seating as well. I had the Cuban...Very Good and my husband had the Chicken Fingers and Fries. (good portion). The service was decent. We had to cut our lunch short and I asked one of the other servers to cash me out...he was hesitant at first...but nice in the end. (I tipped both servers)
Anyway… if you want a place with good food and cool atmosphere...this is a great option.

1  Thank Stephanie Rose J
There are newer reviews for The Raleigh Times Bar

Reviewed March 29, 2013

We ate lunch at Raleigh Times due to the reviews on Tripadvisor and glad we did!

The decor is nothing special but does have history. It reminds me more of a place for the local college people to gather. There are at least 3 different areas, all having a bar.

I got the fish and chips, and it was good. The cod fish was cooked perfectly with a thin but crisp breading. That is what I like.

My husband got the Raleigh Times burger that he raved about. So much so he ordered a second one!! My husband said best burger he has ever had in a restaurant! I had a few bites and he was right. Since they ground there own meat for the burger, it has an absolutely wonderful flavor. It also taste as though it has been grilled on an outside grill. The bun is also toasted. The toppings for the burger is endless, so be prepared to have a hard time deciding!! We also liked the fact it came medium rare.

Both of our meals came with their homemade fires, which are very good.

The beer selection is outstanding so if you enjoy different types of beer, you"ll love this place!!

We live 2 hours away but would return for the burger and beer selections!!

I also want to give a shout out to our server, Casey. She was outstanding.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Very cool place to grab a couple pints and enjoy some nice pub food.
The food and beer I ordered were excellent.
They do a decent homemade Guacamole with chips.
I am looking forward to coming back here to try their house ground burgers.
It is big place, almost looks like separate bars, but it is always packed when I pass by.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

I was in town visiting a friend and this was my last stop before racing to the airport to catch my flight. Overall, I love local places with a great atmosphere and good food. This place did not disappoint. I ordered a small plate of nachos with chicken and it was still pretty damn big! Great portions for the price. I don't drink but the waiter rattled off everything they had on tap that day and if I did drink beer I'd be impressed.

The historic building it's located in is amazing and in surprisingly good shape for it's age. Make sure to take some time and wander around the place to take it all in.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

I really love this bar. The only Thing I did not like was the rude customers. Never in my life have I experience that kind of behaver. They customers was acting like five year olds girls and boys.