“Good but pricey”
Review of Midtown Grille

Midtown Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Midtown Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #180 of 1,451 Restaurants in Raleigh
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lassiter Mill Road
Transit: Bus stop is 40 yards from front of restaurant.
Description: Midtown is a sophisticated restaurant tucked away in The Lassiter at North Hills, at 4421-115 Six Forks Road in Raleigh. Chef Ben Harris' menu, an elegant presentation of progressive southern cuisine utilizes the best local produce & N.C. seafood. The restaurant features a stylish dining area offering distinctive wine selections from around the globe.
Buffalo, NY
“Good but pricey”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Although I grew up in Raleigh, I haven't lived there for a while,and my visits back are short, so I can't really compare to other options in town. But this an above average upscale bistro. I had specials both for app (rabbit and chorizo gumbo) and entree (rack of lamb). Others at the table had a range of dishes both from specials and regular menu. Most were very good, some outstanding (fried oyster app) one disappointing (pasta w/ truffle sauce, but not much identifiable truffle flavor.) Prices are a bit steep; lamb special was $38. Wine list overpriced, seemed about 3x retail, not much below $50/btl. So it's easy to run up a big bill---we ended up at about $80/person after tax and tip with some but not everyone having apps,drinks, or dessert. Only one bottle of wine. Room is ok, but TVs meant,I guess, for the bar are essentially in the dining room. Odd for this price point. Would certainly go back, but will probably try other places first.

• Visited December 2013

Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Another Awesome Meal”
Reviewed December 17, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This is one of my favorite places to eat in town. They do a good job in rotating the menu on a seasonal basis. The specials are always good and provide a nice local variety, as well. My wife and I find this our "go to" restaurant for a nice meal with a good atmosphere. You won't be disappointed.

Visited November 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Not many veggie options”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I've eaten at Midtown a number of times over the years. It's good, but not great -- a little overpriced. But the ambience and service are nice, so I dine there occasionally. But an experience last week may change that. I typically like to eat vegetarian. Except for salads and a pasta dish, there were no other vegetarian offerings on the lunch menu. (I can get awfully tired of salads, and pasta can be kind of heavy at lunch, and an all-too-typical fallback veg dish in many restaurants.) No vegetarian sandwiches at all. But there WAS a pimiento cheese burger described as being served with smoked onions, roasted chilies and tomatoes. I don't like asking for troublesome accommodations, but this sounded like it would make a delicious sandwich minus the burger, so I asked if I could have it that way. My server talked with the kitchen and replied yes, minus the roasted chilies (not sure why). When the sandwich was delivered it had pimiento cheese, raw -- not smoked -- onions and a slice of unripe tomato. I wouldn't have minded too awfully had I not been charged the full $11 burger price for an unremarkable pimiento cheese sandwich. It would have been so easy to make it a great sandwich and knock a buck or two off the price since there was no beef patty. What a disappointment.

• Visited October 2013
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Mid priced eclectic dining”
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Comfortable restaurant with some outside patio dining and a decent bar and wine list. Service was attentive. Entrees were a little on the exotic side with boar etc. descriptions were wordy but food was excellent. I had the hanger steak and it was done to perfection

Atlanta, Georgia
“A good alternative in the region”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Midtown Grille is a cozy place with a few tables outside. The menu is short but with great options. We tried a few spacial appetizers like the octopussy which was crispy and very teasteful over a tapenade blanket. Also the pork belly was superb. However I did not like the veal as it was very chewy. I had duck for the main course and it was very tender. The creme brulee is finely executed. The wine list is OK and they charge a $20 corkage fee.

• Visited September 2013