“BED BUGS! Do not stay here!!”

Days Inn Raleigh Glenwood-Crabtree
Ranked #67 of 86 Hotels in Raleigh
Richmond, Virginia
“BED BUGS! Do not stay here!!”
Reviewed May 5, 2010

Bed bugs when I woke up at 3 a.m. the 2nd night I stayed there crawling on bed next to me and on the walls. I had planned to stay 2 more nights...needless to say I checked out the next morning and booked a much better value online.

the desk chair was broken and I tipped over in it using the laptop which could have resulted in permanet injury.

When I checked out of this dumpy hotel that hasn't been renovated in over 30 yrs - it appears - I presented them with a dead bed bug at the front desk. They didn't offer to accomodate me in the least with a refund or adjustment. Do not stay here!!

They charge more if you walk in that much nicer and newer hotels if you book online. This hotel is a disgrace!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
, General Manager at Days Inn Raleigh Glenwood-Crabtree, responded to this review, March 23, 2011
We are so sorry to hear that you found Bed Bugs in your Room. As you know lately bed Bugs are becoming a major concern in Travel industry and they are all over. We do regular pest control and have service contract with national pest control company to do routine pest control. Mostly Bed Bugs travel through guest like you from places to places and brings them from one hotel to another. Once if we do find any Bed Bugs in our Room then we immediately put the room out of order, through away the mattress and do proper treatment with pest control company and keep room out of order fo at least 6 months, ongoing inspect the room and once no evidance found then place new mattress and bring the room back to order. I am not sure that why you think that we haven't done any renovation in 30 years as any hotel would not last 30 years without a renovation. Anyway, we have done full renovation recently with all new furniture, new carpet, new paint, fixtures and much more. We are Five Sunburst Chairman's Award property since we became Days Inn for over last 3 year's, which we have earned and does not come just like that. Again, please accept our apology.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Raleigh
Reviewed August 30, 2008

1. Spiders were in my bed. MULTIPLE BLACK SPIDERS.
2. There was a hole in the couch of the room.
3. The tub did NOT drain after I showered. <-- HEALTH CONCERN
4. There were mosquitoes everywhere (okay, this is understandable, as it was in August)
5. Half of the lamps in my room did NOT work.
6. To get on the internet, YOU WILL NEED AN ETHERNET CABLE.
THERE IS NO "WIRELESS" INTERNET.

and worst of all...

5. The staff and manager were UNWILLING to help when I wanted to change rooms.

Waste of time and money. AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank chioma786
Days_Inn-Raleigh, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Raleigh Glenwood-Crabtree, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear Guest, we are so sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your stay. We are trying our level best to keep improving our property and do ongoing upgrades. We have recently changed vanity light fixtures as well changed new energy savings spiral bulbs. We have also installed new 37" flat screen HD TVs in all room as wel working on to have Wi-Fi along with our current hard wired high-speed internet. We appreciate your feedback and comments and hope that you will return soon to give us another opportunity to serve you in near future. Thank You.
Reviewed April 1, 2006

I had to stay in Raleigh on business and looked for an inexpensive hotel. I found this place online and it wasn't what I expected. The website stated they had wireless internet, microwaves, and refrigerators in the rooms. Mine had none of that. Turns out they do have high speed internet, but you have to plug in to it and I didn't bring a wire. The room seemed to have been recently updated with a marble countertop in the bathroom area. Also seemed like new paint. But the carpet was just nasty. I do smoke and got a smoking room. However, there was zero ventilation and after 2 cigarettes, the place was filled with smoke that wouldn't go anywhere. The one thing that really turned me off was the used condom lying outside my room in the plant bed. I had to step over it when I checked in. It was still there when I left. I didn't really have a bad time or anything, its just that the place wasn't nearly as nice as the website made it seem. I wouldn't want to stay more than 1 night, but for the price (like $48), it was worth it.

• Stayed February 2006, traveled on business
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Days_Inn-Raleigh, Manager at Days Inn Raleigh Glenwood-Crabtree, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Guest, We appreciate your comments and feedback. As our Web Site stated, we have hard Wired High Speed Internet in our Rooms and Lobby/Breakfast Area has Wi-Fi as well. For Although we are working towards providing Wi-Fi, Government Employees are required to use hard wired and secure internet connections and it's more faster then wi-fi. We do haev Microwave, Refrigerator, Coffee maker, hair dryer, iron in all of our rooms. As you stated, we are reasonable and best accomodation motel for budget minded guest like you. We are certainly not a five star Hotel, where you pay for Internet, breakfast and even parking sometimes. We are centrally located and reasonablly priced motel with clean and comfortable rooms along with all the amenitied. I hope you will give us another opportunity to better serve you in near future.
Reviewed July 20, 2005

I stayed at this hotel about 3 years ago, a very pleasent stay, continental breakfest was good, rooms very clean, hotel staff was quite helpfull, hotel was located near large shopping centre and bus stop for city bus going to downtown Raleigh. I would recomend this hotel. rates were reasonalbe.

• Stayed April 2003, traveled on business
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Days_Inn-Raleigh, General Manager at Days Inn Raleigh Glenwood-Crabtree, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Dear Guest, we greatly appreciate your comment about the service at our Days Inn and about the location as well comments for our Continental Breakfast. Guest like you gives us motivation and an opportunity to work harder to provide best customer service and please each of the guest at our location. I am glad to hear that you mentioned about the Local City Bus station across the street at Wal-Mart parking lot and that our Rates are Reasonable as well. We look forward to serve you in near future and many more guest like you. Thanks again.
Reviewed May 13, 2005

If you are looking to get a good nights sleep, eat your "free" breakfast in the morning or even get some clean towels, I suggest you sleep elsewhere. From there LOUD housekeeping staff walking around at 7am screaming to each other from room to room as they are working, to their staff eating all of the free breakfast items before breakfast hours even begin, to just plain old not having any milk for an entire week to go with their cereal. You can beg and plead with the staff to try and get some clean towels, but no matter what you try, they tell you they will bring them to you (even if you try to pick them up yourself), however you will never see them. The only time we saw clean towels was when we went across the street to walmart and bought some. The rooms are clean, the staff is very nice...loud, but nice...and they always give you a smile...even when they have no intention of doing what you've asked.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Days_Inn-Raleigh, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Raleigh Glenwood-Crabtree, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear Guest, we appreciate your comments and feedback. We are sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your stay, please accept our apology. We have improved our breakfast with new Days Inn standards now and we always put required amount of towels in each room depending on room type. We are glad to hear that you were pleased and happy with our staff, who are nice and helping. Thank You.
Reviewed May 31, 2003

The front desk was very friendly, and gave me a discount on the jacuzzi suite since it was me and my wifes 22nd wedding anniversary. They even brought breakfast to my room, which was great. I highly recommend staying at this hotel if you are in the raleigh area.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Days_Inn-Raleigh, Owner at Days Inn Raleigh Glenwood-Crabtree, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
I would like to take this opportunity to Thank You for the Excellent review and feedback for our property. I would also like to Congratulate you on your upcoming 32nd Anniversary. I hope you would give us an opportunity to serve you on your 32nd Anniversary. Thanks again.