“Best Price and Excellent Service near Crabtree Mall”

Days Inn Raleigh Glenwood-Crabtree
Ranked #67 of 86 Hotels in Raleigh
Topeka, Kansas
“Best Price and Excellent Service near Crabtree Mall”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We stayed here recently and they ar elocated easy access from right on Glenwood Avenue. Excellent guest service and very friendly staff. Rates were extremely reasonable and room was spotless and very clean. We really enjoyed our stay here for 2 nights we stayed in their King room with pullout sofa bed and nice center table. They even had microwave, refrigerator and coffee maker in room. High speed internet, which was hard wired work pretty fast and good speed. Breakfast was avergae continental but for the price we paid, service was like five star. It was great stay for us and we will stay here again. We strongly recommend to anyone visiting near Crabtree Mall or even close to RDU Airport area. There are numerous restaurants within short distance and several choices within walking distance.

Room Tip: Try to upgrade and rent King Bed. No Swimming Pool here.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Days_Inn-Raleigh, General Manager at Days Inn Raleigh Glenwood-Crabtree, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear Guest, We greatly appreciate your positive feedback and encouraging comments about our Days Inn - Glenwood Crabtree in Raleigh, NC.

Thank You for taking the time to do this review out of your busy schedule. We accommodate many guests each night, and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. The Principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at a reasonable prices. We are glad and happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to serve you again in near future.

Your positive comments will be very helpful for our business and it will definately help other guest to choose our Days Inn - Glenwood Crabtree in Raleigh, NC when they need hotel accomodation and a place to stay while visiting Raleigh area for leisure or business trip.

Thank you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Pendleton, South Carolina
Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

My wife, sister, and I traveled to Raleigh for the Festiva Madness enthusiast meet with our friends and their family, and as always, we stayed at the Days. This was the first time my friends had stayed there, and they were able to bring their pup with them. The rooms were clean, and the staff was accommodating. I've stayed in several hotels, and this particular Days has been by far the most comfortable. The mattresses weren't hard, and the shower pressure was nice. I will stay there every year, and recommend it to all my friends who need somewhere nice to stay during the meet.

By the way, there are restaurants adjacent to the parking lot, and if you walk around back, you have a few options to choose from, so pizza delivery isn't necessary.

• Stayed October 2012
Days_Inn-Raleigh, Owner at Days Inn Raleigh Glenwood-Crabtree, responded to this review, October 15, 2012

Thank you again, greatly appreciated your Positive comments, which will help us improve our Business and it will be very helpful to other Guest.
HENDERSONVILLE
Reviewed October 7, 2012

This Days Inn in Raleigh is the nicest we have ever stayed in. The room are clean, well supplied, the pillows are the best quality of any of the inns we have stayed. The beds are comfortable and roomy. The complementary breakfast is very adequate.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Days_Inn-Raleigh, General Manager at Days Inn Raleigh Glenwood-Crabtree, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you again and we greatly appreciate it.
VA Beach, VA
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I traveled from VA Beach for my dog to have surgery at the NC State Vet Hospital. We checked in late at night into room 137. Being exhausted from driving in torrential rain, I simply put my stuff on the floor and got in bed. In the morning, I woke to find a roach crawling up the wall. I took a photo with my phone. The shampoo bottle had been opened (seal broken and not full), there were stains on the door in the bathroom, and the coffee maker had crusty, old coffee grounds in it. I took my dog to the Vet and came back to advise I wanted a new room. The owner, Mr. Patel, said a half-hearted "Sorry" and gave me a different room with an "upgrade." Room 115 smelled like smoke and a poor attempt at air freshener. I went back to advise I needed a non-smoking room and was told it WAS a non-smoking room. Irritated, I went to Walmart (across the street) to purchase a candle and lighter so I could tolerate being in the room. Upon return, when I pulled back the bedspread to get into bed, several bugs scattered. I took photos with my phone and went back ot the front desk to ask for a refund and just get out. The front desk person said he could not do anything. I made him call the manager, they spoke to each other in a foreign language, then he said he will let me out of my pre-booked/pre-paid internet booking but I had to pay for the night I slept there. WHAT? I advised had I known I would be sleeping with roaches or moved to a room with bedbugs, there is no way I would have stayed there! (I am praying that the first room was just roaches and not bedbugs! I've laundered all my stuff in hot water and clorox to be sure.) He told me at least he is letting me have the internet price instead of full price. I was livid. I packed my stuff and went to the Ramada next to the Vet hospital. Much nicer, cleaner and friendlier. DO NOT STAY AT THIS DAYS INN! It is dirty, in poor repair, old, and disgusting! Other things of note: the door had to be jiggled to be locked, you will not feel safe walking to your car at night, there is a large dumpster in the back area that has about 4 cats crawing in and out of it, the "continental breakfast" is frozen mini muffins and watery orange juice. The staff is rude and they only care about getting $. I've contacted the NC Department of Agriculture (919-571-4814 if you need it), Days Inn Corporate and have put in a call to the local news so they can check into this and stop this problem, since per the other comments, the owners don't seem to want to. I've also informed the NC State Vet Hospital they may wish to remvove this roach hotel from their list of referrals since it is more bug than human friendly. PAY THE EXTRA $ AND STAY SOMEPLACE CLEAN!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1st of all please accept our Apology for the incovenience. We work very hard to provide excellent guest service and try our level best to take care of all our guest to make sure they enjoy their stay with us at Days Inn - Glenwood Crabtree, Raleigh, NC. Our housekeeping staff tries their level best to clean our rooms throughly and inspects them everyday.

We are so sorry to hear that you were dis-appointed during your recent stay. As you know, you had booked a single room with special discounted rate for 3 nights minimum stay. After staying 1st night, you expressed concern about roach in your room and immediately I was able to give you a free upgrade to our Non smoking King Room, after staying in that room later in the evening you showed concern about bed bugs and wanted to check-out. Upon discussing with my staff, we were able to allow you to check-out without any charge for remining 2 nights.

We are more concerned about the bugs, roaches or bed bugs and regularly do a pest control treatment by well known pest control company, who comes and does the pest control treatments and inspects our rooms every month. We have had throughly inspected both of the rooms and in-fact since you had contacted local health department, they had came down next day to inspect those 2 rooms along with surrounded rooms and several other rooms randomly. They have done their annual inspection on Sept 25th and we maintained our A grade rating. I am very happy to let you know that not only my staff but wake county health inspector has not found any roach or bed bugs in any of the rooms inspected. Health inspection senitation rating of A is posted at front desk dated Sept 25h 2012 and report is available on file.

Again our Apology for any incovenience. Thank You.
nc
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Me and my daughter came and stayed the night because she was moving into her dorm room the next day at college. If it had not been for the time and such a bad storm i would not have stayed at all after having to give my i.d before i could even go check the room out. First thing i saw was stained carpet and and hair in the shower..sheets were clean but the comforter smelled of mold. We were scared when we saw something scurry across the floor. At first we thought it was a mouse but it turns out to be the biggest roach I ever saw in life. Finally we still on edge managed to try and get some sleep my daughter wakes up screaming a roach was crawling on her in the bed. At this point Im furious. I call the front desk at 3 something in the morning and he tells me there is nothing he can do for me because i booked my room online. The next morning the manager was to be there at 645 finally showed up after 7 in his escalade and was very rude he informed me that was i had confiscated in the napkin to show him the 2 bugs i had killed were water bug...when i told him he was a liar he stated...'THIS IS NORTH CAROLINA EVERYONE HAS ROACHES" I told him he need to trade that escalade in for a exterminator...

Room Tip: Run away quick. I would rather risk sleeping in my vehicle.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Days_Inn-Raleigh, General Manager at Days Inn Raleigh Glenwood-Crabtree, responded to this review, September 27, 2012

Again our Apology for any incovenience. Thank You.