“Dog Friendly”

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

I stooped here with my Doberman for lunch on the patio. The wait staff were very accommodating. I grabbed the only available table which was by the road. The waitress cleared a table that was closer to the restaurant and asked if wanted to move so my dog wouldn't be so close to the street. She also brought out a big bowl of water for my pup. The food was good and very reasonably priced. I ordered the fried oyster po boy sandwich with onion rings. The sandwich was loaded with perfectly fried oysters and the onion rings were very good as well. I had tea a my beverage and total price of my bill before tip was $11.00.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

While many establishments bill themselves as being downtown, The Big Easy truly is right in the middle of a number of bars and clubs. With family in NOLA, I usually do not go for these type of places but my dining companions were intrigued. Turns out to have been a good experience. Ribs, She Crab Soup, Red Beans & Rice, and Lobster Ravioli were ordered and well received.
We had excellent service and I regret not getting our waiter's name. He was charming, attentive, timely, and even offered to box up my left-overs to be picked up later as we going to do some bar hopping.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

I thought my Louisiana wife would appreciate this. We were warmly greeted and seated. I ordered stuffed shrimp for appetizer and crawfish tails over a bed of rice for entree. The portions were great and I was stuffed. I enjoyed the appetizer and the meal was good. My wife had the fried catfish and said it was just ok. The wait staff was very friendly and fast.

1  Thank psharpton
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I had family in from out of town and I thought hmm how about the Big Easy - I had been here a time or two and it was good. We were seating quickly - the waiter seemed a little unsure of himself but ok he might have been new. My son ordered their lobster ravioli - when it arrived it came out mushy and well over cooked. when the waiter came back - he told him he took the plate - it didn't come back out until the rest of us had already eaten. They had taken their pasta and we think tossed it into the fryer - because it came back crusty. the Jambalaya pasta dish was ok - not very flavorful. overall it just wasn't a good experience. The other dishes were ok nothing to write home about. Great location - food -meh

1  Thank Stephanie R
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Wanted cajun food and this place did not disappoint. Nice menu selection, had trouble deciding what to try. Went with the Seafood Gumbo and it was excellent. Liked that there was outside seating so we could enjoy the outdoors in Raleigh. The entire of the restaurant was very appealing. Waitress was very friendly and service was excellent. Will return in the future.

2  Thank ltownwrangler