“Fabulous Food - Great Service - Reasonably Priced”
Review of 18 Seaboard

18 Seaboard
Reserve with OpenTable
18 Seaboard is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 1,464 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Peace
Pinehurst, North Carolina
“Fabulous Food - Great Service - Reasonably Priced”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

A friend treated me to lunch today - she chose 18 Seaboard because I'd never been there and she wanted me to try it. I CAN'T wait to go back, take my husband and friends. Everything was outstanding. What a treat! I had an acorn squash stuffed with quinoa and apples and a fabulous fresh salad with the most wonderful dressing I've ever had. My friend had the lunch special and she devoured every morsel. Finished off with some of the best coffee I've ever had in a restaurant. My new favorite Raleigh restaurant - can't wait to go back!! P.S. Don't look for the menu on their website....the website isn't nearly as good as the food. Better to be good at one thing I guess :-)

New Smyrna Beach, Florida
“Grilled Meatloaf? WOW!”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

The meatloaf was better than my wife's or my mom's. A really eclectic menu. My wife loved her pork. If we're back in Raleigh again for lunch, they can count on a visit from us.

Frederick, Maryland
“Much nicer environment and tastier dishes than restaurants that are much more expensive.”
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

Visiting our daughter who is in college and wanted a steak meal. We searched steakhouses in the area and were intrigued by the restaurant's reviews and menu variety. Our daughter felt her steak from 18 Seaboard was the best she has had. My husband and I had great meals (she-crab soup was amazing) and the prices were great in comparison to the typical high-end steakhouse. Wait staff were very friendly and helpful and the environment was very nice.

Visited October 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Perhaps the Best in Raleigh”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Jason Smith has mastered the art of the restaurant! I took my family to 18 Seaboard last night in celebration of my wife's birthday - 18 Seaboard is her favorite restaurant. We were greeted with smiles and taken to our table. The waiter immediately came to take drink orders and gave great advice on both drinks and dinner. Throughout the night, the waiter stayed attentive and the team approach was amazing - if there was an empty glass it was filled by the closest waiter and if a plate was empty again the closest waiter took care of it. At one point the floor manager came over and apologized for the interruption but simply wanted to thank us for coming in. They do everything right in the dining room and treat everyone like royalty or family - whichever one sounds best to you. And the food?? Incredible. A chefs treat of fried green tomatoes began the night - the perfect start. For the main courses we had dishes ranging from red drum and swordfish and catfish to pork. All amazing. And there was unanimous acclaim for the cheddar grits. Being a birthday night, they brought my wife a cheesecake with chocolate topping - a great ending. From the ambiance to the service to the food - this is perhaps the best restaurant in Raleigh. They do everything right. In fact, until something makes me change my mind: this is the best in Raleigh!!

Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
“Nice environment, decent food”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I've been there several times. I liked the environment there. Food selection is relatively limited, but the quality is good.

Visited January 2013

Been to 18 Seaboard? Share your experiences!