“Third go-around and still delicious”
Review of 18 Seaboard

18 Seaboard
Reserve with OpenTable
18 Seaboard is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 1,455 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Peace
Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
“Third go-around and still delicious”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

The third trip for my wife and I to 18 Seaboard was as good as the previous two. The atmosphere is formal w/out being stuffy, and the prices are upscale w/out being outlandish. The meal began with the tomato sampler, which I highly recommend. From there, my wife had the shrimp and penne pasta with caramelized onions, yellow peppers, spinach and parmesan cream, which was a perfect blend of rich but not too heavy. I had the swordfish, which was delectable but nothing special. The sauteed spinach side was good, but the highlight was the goat cheese smashed red potatoes - wonderful. For dessert, the lemon creme brulee was very good, but the blueberry mousse pie was disappointing. All in all, a satisfying, delicious and enjoyable meal...as usual.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank enm007

Smithfield, North Carolina
“We'll Be Back”
Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Location is sort of off the beaten path unless you are familiar with the area. Was recommended by the local wine shop...thanks a bunch! Everything is local from the vegetables to the beef/fish. I had the ribeye and had to fight my wife from cleaning my plate. Mixed vegetables and cheese grits was my side. Outstanding!

• Visited July 2013
Cary, North Carolina
“Must go to restaurant”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

This was our first visit to 18 Seaboard after reading all of the positive reviews for the last several months. We weren't disappointed. Our server, Aaron, was terrific. He had a sense of humor and a sense of service. He was always there when we needed him and checked with us often. Our meals were also excellent. We had ribeye, salmon and scallops. All of our meals were prepared as we expected, hot and appealing. The she crab soup and cucumber soup were excellent as was the chopped salad. All of us enjoyed the meal. The atmosphere is just as you see in photos of the restaurant but not quite as nice as we expected. We will certainly return to 18 Seaboard soon as it was a great place to dine.

2 Thank JoeBoxter
Rolesville, North Carolina
“Great Dining”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

It was restaurant week in the triangle and this being one of our favorite spots; it just made sense to dine here. They didn't let us down. Everything was delicious and the service was outstanding. If you haven’t had a chance to eat here you really must give it a try. You won't be disappointed.

Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Over Hyped”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Good food. Great service. I was told to eat here for lunch but schedule didn't permit therefore went for dinner. Food was good and very unique, but I was expecting more. The meatloaf was good but wasn't superb. Kind of looked like it came out of a large spam can. I know salt isn't healthy but a little more seasoning was in order. If not salt some other seasoning. I can say the bar tender knows how to pour a drink. When paying 13 bucks for a Blantons you expect to get a glass full. Good Job Sir/Maam. My wife enjoyed the Mojito. The food was okay but the serivice made the experience even better. I always give restaurants two chances unless they completely blow it the first time. I will return. I will try another entree next time. Keep up the great customer service.

• Visited June 2013

Been to 18 Seaboard? Share your experiences!