“Not worth a #2 rating”
Review of 18 Seaboard

18 Seaboard
Reserve with OpenTable
18 Seaboard is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 1,451 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Peace
McDonough, Georgia
“Not worth a #2 rating”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

My wife and I wanted to try this place b/c it had a #2 rating on here. We went for lunch. The service was good. The food was good but it was nothing to rave about. I am sure they may have a lot more options for dinner but the price goes up as well. We got an appetizer and each of us got a lunch entree and it was $36. It was not worth $36 but it was flavorful. I had the bison burger and potato salad. The burger was very juicy and the potato salad had a nice kick to the flavor. My wife had the catfish and some kind of greens. She said the catfish was really good. Her plate came with grits but she does not eat grits. I did not have a bad experience but it did not stack up to being a #2 rated restaurant. The dining area is not big and if you don't have a reservation you will probably have to wait a long time to be seated.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank krisencalade

siler city, nc, USA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Met a friend there for lunch.”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I was a about a week before by friend's birthday and we met celebrate for lunch. We enjoyed the meat loaf and salads we had. Very well flavored. We both agreed that it was a bit noisy for the talking we needed to do to catch up on ours lives so we left and walked around for a while to do that, the food was good so we liked that.

Visited April 2012
Peoria, Illinois
“A wonderful surprise”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I happened to find 18 Seaboard by accident, but it was a great surprise. An upscale yet casual sort of place with excellent service. I started with the spinach/walnut/pear/grape salad, which was fresh, crisp and well dressed. My main course was the special of the week, triggerfish over sweet potato, yellow foot mushroom and some other wonderfulness I cannot recall. It was a great combination, and the fish was cooked nicely. Dessert was steamed pear brown betty with a lemon sauce and a sprig of fresh rosemary to nibble. More sweet than I normally go for, but the pear, lemon and rosemary was an interesting fruit/citrus/savory upon the sugary sweetness of the brown betty. Overall, a great experience. I'll be back!

• Visited January 2013
Raleigh NC
“Delicious food and Beautiful atmosphere”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

After reading reviews of 18 Seaboard, my friend and I decided to go for lunch. We were looking for somewhere new, and the menu sounded delicious. The decor is very inviting, and the hostess was very friendly. Both of us really enjoyed our meals. I started off with the she crab soup. It was so good. I just wish that there was twice the amount of crab meat. I ordered the Pamlico Sound shrimp. They were so fresh, and cooked to perfection. Next time, I look forward to ordering the cheese sampler. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone. There is a nice variety of food choices on the menu so that anyone can find something that they like. I'm quite sure that everything would be delicious though!

• Visited September 2012
Rotterdam
“Excellent food.”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Went at the 18 Seaboard for the first time with a group of people. The service was nice and friendly in a room that was nicely crowded.

Not all of us had starters but all looked very nice. Then for main course I had scallops that were very testy and well cooked (not over cooked). Other main courses on the table looked also very appetizing too...

A place I would gladly go back next time I'll go to Raleigh. So I definitely recommend this place.

Visited January 2013