“Excellent food.”
Review of 18 Seaboard

18 Seaboard
Reserve with OpenTable
18 Seaboard is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 1,502 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Peace
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Went at the 18 Seaboard for the first time with a group of people. The service was nice and friendly in a room that was nicely crowded.

Not all of us had starters but all looked very nice. Then for main course I had scallops that were very testy and well cooked (not over cooked). Other main courses on the table looked also very appetizing too...

A place I would gladly go back next time I'll go to Raleigh. So I definitely recommend this place.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Went here for dinner for the first time, and the food was fantastic. I had the special of trigger fish with sweet potato and rutabega mash with wild mushrooms, while my wife had beef brisket with cheesy grits and goats cheese mashed potatoes. The food was by far the best I have had in Raleigh, and I love that the restaurant prides itself on sourcing its food from within North Carolina's borders. The only reason I didn't give five stars was because the ambiance of the room was a little sterile and lifeless (although I suppose it depends on the individual). They also had little salt and pepper shakers at the table which uses that awful powdered pepper they gave you in high school - not what I expect when paying $100 for a meal for two. In fairness, the servers offer fresh pepper when they bring your food to you, but that's not quite the same as having it at your table.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

I've been going to 18 Seaboard since they first opened, and this is one of my favorite places to go, whether it is lunch with friends, dinner with family, or for a special event. When you first walk in, you would think the prices would be much higher than they are because of the upscale decor and menu offerings that appeal even to foodies, but the price is quite reasonable.

Try one of the hardwood smoked steaks, Pamlico shrimp, or crispy pork shank for dinner. For lunch we like Snead's Ferry she-crab soup, house-made garlic chips, one of their numerous large salads with scrumptious toppings, grilled meatloaf, or the hardwood smoked pork sandwich. Jason's menu is not to be missed, and there is a nice wine list to choose from. We go here very frequently.

Last year ago we held two big dinner parties and reserved "The Gallery," the special events room inside 18 Seaboard. The team that helped me plan these two events was friendly and expert, and everything was attended to from start to finish. The room has its own bar area and restroom facilities as well as separate entrances, making party-throwing very facile. The food was delicious, the staff plentiful and expert, and the white tablecloth touches elegant. The 18 Seaboard made these events memorable evenings for us, and if I ever have another dinner party to hold, I will choose 18 Seaboard again.

I love this place and have introduced it to dozens upon dozens of friends, who all now have become fans.

2  Thank Skeeter81-ta
Reviewed January 16, 2013

This is a nice place in Raleigh to take a business group. They actually have a private room but it was booked the night we were going so we sat in the main restaurant area. It was fine.

I had the scallops as an entree and although there was only 4 of them, they were delicious. Had the cheesy grits as a side and enjoyed them even though I don't like grits. Also tried the goat cheese red skin potatoes. Very good.

Didn't try the desserts but several in our group did and spoke highly of them.

My colleague and I split a spinach salad and there was plenty for both of us.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I just love this restaurant! We first discovered it on a food tour of Raleigh. Tried the fried green tomato then. I'm generally not a fan of this, but it's excellent! We've been back 2 other times. The food is outstanding! The atmosphere is enjoyable and not too loud. Looking forward to going back soon!