“Fabulous Dinner”
Review of 18 Seaboard

18 Seaboard
Reserve with OpenTable
18 Seaboard is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 1,487 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Peace
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We recently had dinner at 18 Seaboard with friends and Wow! What a fabulous restaurant. We had reservations at 7 pm and arrived about 20 minutes early. The hostess at the front was happy, bubbly and very friendly. She went ahead and seated us right away, which was nice as we ordered drinks while waiting for our guests.

The service was top notch, our waiter knew the menu, specials and food preparation extremely well and was able to answer any questions. The wine selection was quite good as well as the cocktail menu.

The food was delivered quickly, but we never felt rushed. Our meals were cooked perfectly, the Chef's small bites that were delivered to the table were amazing, dessert was incredible. It was the perfect spot to entertain clients/friends.

I can't wait to go back to Raleigh, we will definitely enjoy another meal at 18 Seaboard.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

I have a been here a few times, both more than a year ago. The food was great. Very diverse menu choices.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

This restaurant is a little hidden, one has to enter the building and go through a hallway and turn to find the restaurant. Food is creative and tasty.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

My parents took me here for my birthday and I had the most amazing time! The food was delicious. They even brought me a delicious birthday cale with "happy birthday" written in chocolate on the plate. I have already recommended this restaurant to my co-workers and my friends.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Rarely do I write a review like this. Having just returned to the states from 2+ weeks in Europe and having had the most marvelous food in all types of restaurants, I wanted to try 18 Seaboard because I'd heard good comments about it.

I had lunch there and the atmosphere is dark with very little natural light. It was a bit depressing for me.

The staff was very attentive and friendly. Can't say enough about them.

The menu had some interesting options; however, I have to say that the food was just "ok." I wish I could say excellent but it wasn't. Recommendations: Update the inside of the dining area or raise the shades especially when the outside temps are moderate to provide some natural light.

Been to 18 Seaboard? Share your experiences!