“Pretty good food and dreary atmosphere”
Review of 18 Seaboard

18 Seaboard
Reserve with OpenTable
18 Seaboard is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 1,451 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Peace
Raleigh, NC
“Pretty good food and dreary atmosphere”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Rarely do I write a review like this. Having just returned to the states from 2+ weeks in Europe and having had the most marvelous food in all types of restaurants, I wanted to try 18 Seaboard because I'd heard good comments about it.

I had lunch there and the atmosphere is dark with very little natural light. It was a bit depressing for me.

The staff was very attentive and friendly. Can't say enough about them.

The menu had some interesting options; however, I have to say that the food was just "ok." I wish I could say excellent but it wasn't. Recommendations: Update the inside of the dining area or raise the shades especially when the outside temps are moderate to provide some natural light.

• Visited October 2012

Richmond
“Nice dinner”
Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

We stopped in Raleigh for the night and enjoyed a lovely meal on the restaurant's top level. The atmosphere was great and we loved our dishes; we both had swordfish, potatoes, some kind of soup and all was delicious. If we are ever in the Raleigh area again, we will definitely revisit.

1 Thank Ismaray J
Ashland, Virginia
“18 Seaboard equals delicious local cuisine”
Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I are visiting Raleigh for a wedding and ate at 18 Seaboard last night. They had foie gras as a starter and it had been smoked and grilled and served with smoked grapes and cashews. We loved it as we'll as an order of fried green tomatoes. Our waiter was gracious and friendly and got our food to us hot from the kitchen. My wife's fish was slightly overcooked but delicious. The pork shank I ordered was succulent and delicious. The cheddar heirloom grits were melt in your mouth. We're glad we ate here. Go with an empty stomach because the servings are very generous. We could have finished with the appetizers and left full.

Raleigh, North Carolina
“She Crab Soup is a Must Have”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I have eaten here for lunch on numerous occasions. Have never gotten anything was was not delicious. The She Crab soup is wonderful. The spinach salad with salmon is what I usually order but even the meatloaf is great!

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Jess M
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
“Swordfish to die for”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I was taking a class near RDU and wanted some 'good' seafood. It was rated high and I love the use of local items. It is not hard to find using 'google' map and no GPS. The staff is very friendly and welcoming. Coming from Maryland and Charleston the she crab soup was a miss. But the sword fish was to die for. The chef's choice of sauces for the fish are excellent. The bread offered is very good as well. While I ordered my 2 sides Grits and Spinach I just could not help eating just the swordfish. And could not even finish it but took it back to the room. I knew later i would be able to handle that last couple of perfect bites. Not a large menu but something for every one. Some times too many choices means mediocre.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Jeri A

Been to 18 Seaboard? Share your experiences!