“Nice dinner”
Review of 18 Seaboard

18 Seaboard
Reserve with OpenTable
18 Seaboard is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 1,493 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Peace
Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

We stopped in Raleigh for the night and enjoyed a lovely meal on the restaurant's top level. The atmosphere was great and we loved our dishes; we both had swordfish, potatoes, some kind of soup and all was delicious. If we are ever in the Raleigh area again, we will definitely revisit.

1  Thank Ismaray J

Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I are visiting Raleigh for a wedding and ate at 18 Seaboard last night. They had foie gras as a starter and it had been smoked and grilled and served with smoked grapes and cashews. We loved it as we'll as an order of fried green tomatoes. Our waiter was gracious and friendly and got our food to us hot from the kitchen. My wife's fish was slightly overcooked but delicious. The pork shank I ordered was succulent and delicious. The cheddar heirloom grits were melt in your mouth. We're glad we ate here. Go with an empty stomach because the servings are very generous. We could have finished with the appetizers and left full.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

I have eaten here for lunch on numerous occasions. Have never gotten anything was was not delicious. The She Crab soup is wonderful. The spinach salad with salmon is what I usually order but even the meatloaf is great!

1  Thank Jess M
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I was taking a class near RDU and wanted some 'good' seafood. It was rated high and I love the use of local items. It is not hard to find using 'google' map and no GPS. The staff is very friendly and welcoming. Coming from Maryland and Charleston the she crab soup was a miss. But the sword fish was to die for. The chef's choice of sauces for the fish are excellent. The bread offered is very good as well. While I ordered my 2 sides Grits and Spinach I just could not help eating just the swordfish. And could not even finish it but took it back to the room. I knew later i would be able to handle that last couple of perfect bites. Not a large menu but something for every one. Some times too many choices means mediocre.

1  Thank Jeri A
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We stopped by 18 Seaboard one afternoon for lunch and I must say, I was pleasantly surprised. The atmosphere was nice and the food was great. I would definitely recommend this place - it's a great setting for a romantic dinner.

1  Thank Josh B