“Tasty food, but expensive; slow service”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Zely & Ritz Tapas Restaurant & Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Lane St.
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Decided to try for Restaurant Week. Two couples, looking forward to catching up on each other's lives. Because restaurant was not full, we kept looking around to figure out what was taking so long after ordering wines, then food. Wine came to table, and we were all shocked at glasses that were definitely shorted....$9 for a glass of Malbec, 6 ounces at best, maybe 5 oz. After having told this later in meal to wait staff, no compensation offered. Bread was served piece by piece, with tiny dish of olive oil for dipping for the 4 of us. Meals were good, but pricey. Not the value we were looking for when considering the many other options in Raleigh restaurants.

There are newer reviews for Zely & Ritz Tapas Restaurant & Bar

Reviewed August 13, 2012

On Friday, August 10, I attended the wine lunch for the 2nd time. Interestingly, the price had been raised from $15 to $20. Given that I would assume the wine distributor provides the wine, $20 seems rather expensive for a family-style lunch in my opinion. I really relish the food here but will be re-thinking whether the wine lunch is a very good value. $15 was great. $20 - not so great. Crowd was smaller as well and I was wondering whether the price increase affected attendance.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

We went to Zely and Ritz on a Friday night with friends, and were not disappointed. Yes, the selection is small (the reviewer who recommended checking on-line first gave good advice.) However, if you aren't a picky eater, there is plenty to choose from. There were four of us, and we were there on a slow night. (Not sure why....the last time we went it was packed.) We got a wonderful waiter who spent a lot of time with us answering questions and making recommendations. The portions here are not large, but for the four of us, we ordered two appetizers, three entrees, and three sides. It was enough, and we had room for dessert. The food was stellar. So fresh and tasty! The side dishes were all fabulous and when we go again I am considering the risotto as my main dish...it was absolutely delicious. It was a leisurely evening....nothing was rushed, and we were with good friends, so we were not in a hurry. We spent about $100 per couple, and that included a bottle of wine and dessert. A great place for a relaxed evening out.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

Went with spouse and other couples on a Friday night. Place was not that busy but service took very long to get drinks, food, etc. Restaurant is a little on the pricey side for the food that was served.

Reviewed June 29, 2012

I bought a $30 voucher from Living Social, worth $60 in food. It expired on Tuesday. I was unable to get there before, so three of us went Tuesday evening. We were refused service. Although only four tables were occupied, we were told that a large group was coming in and they would not seat us. I asked to speak to the manager. An obviously angry man came out and said he was the manager/chef/owner. He first yelled "You had six months to use that coupon!" Then he yelled "Do you have a reservation?" I walked out. The next day, I asked them for a refund of my $30 and was refused. I won't go back. Why go to a restaurant where you can't even be sure you'll be seated? Having to wait is one thing, but to be refused service?