“Incredibly Awesome!!!”

Saint Jacques French Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
Saint Jacques French Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 1,572 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Spring Forest
Description: Saint Jacques French Cuisine is a traditional French restaurant located in North Raleigh. We serve authentic food with a respect for century old recipes, recreated for the taste of today. French Native Serge Falcoz-Vigne is the Chef with 30+ years of experience in the hospitality business in both France and in North Carolina. Also as a General Manager of the restaurant, he can provide to the guest a total experience from the kitchen to the floor with renowned French food and service.
Reviewed November 15, 2017

The first time we visited Saint Jacques was over a year ago... we'd just relocated to NC from MA. Our son and daughter-in-law sent us a gift certificate to Saint Jacques as a Christmas gift. We've traveled to France a number of times, and they know we love French cuisine. Our daughter-in-law did extensive online research and decided on Saint Jacques. Every visit has been delightful.
This month, said son and his brother came down to visit us. We wanted to treat them, and show them what a marvelous gift we'd been given. They were mesmerized! The service was wonderful; the food, delicious; Serge (owner/chef), charming!!
Take your time, enjoy the ambiance, savor the flavors of France.
Please disregard the negative reviews... most were written when the restaurant was under different ownership. Yes, it's pricey, but worth every penny! If you're not willing to pay for the best, go elsewhere. The rest of us... We LOVE Saint Jacques!

Reviewed November 7, 2017 via mobile

As good as La Francais (Jean Bonchet) and Le Nomade in Chicago in north Raleigh. The savory amuse bouche brought table side by chef sergio, nice foie and squash with crackin' brulee. Tje only thing better than the French onion soup (gruyere and all) was the soup de jour (curried squash) smooth and creamy. Went perfectly with the fresh hot french baguet and rosemary bread. Lovely torchon of foie and marvelous escargot, piping hot from the oven. A nice pear, champagne sorbet intermezo to cleanse the palate. Your pick for main, but the filet or the sweetbread main course would be good choices. Specially preordered souffle! Presented by Chef, high top hat and golden. Did not need the anglaise as the creamy interior custard was flavorful on its own with definite orange notes. A definite top 100 of America.

Reviewed October 30, 2017 via mobile

Chef Serge Falcoz-Vigne and his extraordinary team continue to wow me. From the exemplary service to the superb cuisine, Saint Jacques makes quite an impression on anyone lucky enough to dine within its walls. It is so unfortunate in our busy lives that we forget to take time and enjoy this most sacred ritual of eating without rush or constant interruptions from work/phone/etc. But once you enter this restaurant, you are transported to a place that will feed your taste buds and your soul, so you had best leave all of those distractions aside. Well done Saint Jacques, I will do my best to return soon!

Reviewed September 28, 2017

Certainly expensive, but you pay for what you get here. For a New Yorker who travels extensively, I have dined better, but if I could, I would have given 4.5 rating. For a local person, I have no doubt Saint Jacques is highly rated - it is a great place to impress your better half or clients.
My meal started with a tiny complimentary fois gras creme brulee. Salty yet sweet - yum... One of the bread basket items was cranberry lavender bread, a size of small scone. Wow! Everything tasted wonderful after that as well... Heavenly collection of wine. What not to like!

Reviewed September 5, 2017

Have had St. Jacques on my "must go to" list for years, and I finally got there to celebrate a friend's birthday. You enter into a french bistro and are seated in a very nice dining room. Wonderful "french" wine list, excellent menu, fresh baked breads. We both started with a salad with blue cheese crumbles -- very tasty. The Chef arrived with a flavorful sweet and savory taste of a creamy duck pate - makes your taste buds pop. Before your dinner is served, you get a small taste of sorbet to cleanse your palate. For dinner, I had black bass served with peas, which was delicious, and my friend had sea scallops in puff pastry, also very excellent. Both dishes were flavored with delicate sauces as a base. For dessert we shared "Profiteroles with chocolate sauce - sooo good; and since it was a birthday, the saying "Joyous Anniversary" was written in chocolate on the rim of the plate - very nice touch. I would go back in a minute because I would like to work my way through the entire menu - all excellent choices. Exceptional service -- all servers assist all tables - they time it right, so you don't feel overwhelmed with servers. The Chef visits and he is very charming. This dinner was a very excellent experience - can't wait to go again. A must try! Very classy without being pretentious!